How the bastards do it - Page 3

Re: How the bastards do it

**I understand that the CSIRO 'protein diet' has been shown to be a
valid weight loss regime. I understand that protein extends to lean
meats, fish, eggs, lentils, chickpeas and other forms of high protein
foods.

If you're trying to make a point, then do so.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

Chuckle, so they have created new science following the storm of
disbelief of their old science. You have proven my point.

Re: How the bastards do it
http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/Safeguarding-Australia/Emergency-detection-and-response/Achievements.aspx
http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/ICT-and-Services/People-and-businesses/wireless-LANs.aspx

Taking a look, most are to control, spy on the public, or otherwise to be used
against them.

Re: How the bastards do it
http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/Safeguarding-Australia/Emergency-detection-and-response/Achievements.aspx
http://www.csiro.au/Outcomes/ICT-and-Services/People-and-businesses/wireless-LANs.aspx
against them.

**I take it, then, that you don't use RF networking for your computer?

That said: The achievements of CSIRO have been far reaching and
considerable. Those who seek to belittle CSIRO are nothing but morons.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

Correct, it is a security risk.

Like twice letting viri escape from their research island and thus
rendering it far less effective.

Like defining a "treatment"as safe so long as it does not affect
commercial crops/livstock and bugger the rest f our native
plants/animals/etc.

Re: How the bastards do it

**Accidents will happen in even the best run organisations. Remind me:
How many accidents have we seen from Orica in the past few years?

In any case, the failure of a containment system says nothing about the
brilliance of the science that is conducted at CSIRO.

**That would be your strawman. We're discussing how many extraordinary
developments have come form CSIRO.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

Brilliant? exactly what science was involved in the RF stuff?
Hint, it was almost all engineering. Tesla did the science over a
century ago.

Lol, no, that is YOUR strawman otherwise it would be like discussing the
wonderful range of chemicals provided by Orica for modern life without
also considerng the leaks, spills and mass pollution around Botany Bay.

Re: How the bastards do it

The bankster and corporate filth that control most governments (and invaded and
bomb ones they dont).  You are really serious - you think a government actually
gives a damn about you ?  tells the truth, or does the right thing ???

Bush turned in the end, and that was predicted in advance. So did Howard, but
that was manufactured public pressure.  People have woken up a lot since those
days

see above

according to their paymasters.
LOL to the rest of it. What rubbish, it defies reality.

Re: How the bastards do it

  like said you dickhead , rhetorical

  show me yours when not based on flawed and falsified proof
  and do tell us about your education in the area  or rather the lack
there of

Re: How the bastards do it

Very basic, their model of the atmosphere is just a guess and is very
unsound. IOt is like knowing all about the human body by readings taken
only at the skin. They astill can not see inside it, nor do they
understand it. Understanding is very vague and of wide inaccuracy.

Re: How the bastards do it

There is evidence for this?

The problem with this "Debate" is that people on all sides have made up
their minds and no amount of evidence is going to change that point of
view. That applies equally to you, TW, and all the rest.

Re: How the bastards do it

For me, nope. I'm justtrying to find the evidence to follow the trail,
but all I can find is summations by people/organisations that I don't
trust. As I've said before "correlation is not causality" and until the
AGW apologists start to show causality, then I'm strictly on the fence,
sans a bit of fishing/trolling. Frankly, with a world population of 6
billion and rising, it stands to rason that humans mst be having some
effect/affect.

Re: How the bastards do it

The first law of pollution is that what you do is less important than
the scale on which you do it.

Global warming is a fact and has been known about for years no matter
what the deniers want to believe. What the cause is and what the effect
will be is more open to question. The world has been this warm before in
recorded history and cooled again, will that repeat that pattern or keep
going up? I don't think that there is enough of a pattern in the data to
be able to predict the result, therefore the most sensible course of
action is to prepare for the worst.

Re: How the bastards do it

**That would be the common-sense approach.

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

I think a lot of people on both sides don't actually know what "global
warming" actually is/means.

Exactly.

The problem here is that "courses of action" are all proposed by parties
seeking to maximise their power when the dust settles. "In the Global
Interest" is a very subjective opinion.

Re: How the bastards do it

As I see it, one definition of "Global Warming", is that that of theoretica=
lly naturally occurring global warming and cooling cycles, which to me is q=
uite feasible, as things tend to never be static in nature, but tend to mov=
e up and down over time. We see this during every year with the seasons. If=
 someone straight out denied this, I would find that to be a bit suspicious=
.

The other definition is of "man made global warming". (AKA  "AGW"). suppose=
dly caused by human activity - which is being pedalled as fact. This I, and=
 a majority of people firmly believe to be utter rubbish, and there are ple=
nty of scientists, and others out there who have put sensible thought and r=
esearch of the situation who also agree, and find this theory to be politic=
ally and financially motivated. Those who believe in this AGW are often ref=
erred to as warmists.

The problem also is these "courses of action" are incredibly destructive to=
 our society, and way of life.  Anyone who has not thought seriously of the=
 social and other ramifications of living in a society without cheap energy=
 available, really needs to wake up to themselves.

Based on the theory

Warmists as far as Im concerned are quite within their rights to make whate=
ver preparations, and change their lifestyle, at their own expense, as much=
 as they like.  Where they cross the line, is where they try to force other=
s to do as they do, against their will.

Re: How the bastards do it

**Fair enough.

**Not quite. SCIENTISTS (as opposed to politicians, talk-back radio
hosts, osteopaths, religious nutters and the ignorant) have carefully
examined the available data, which includes proxy measurements
stretching back more than 600,000 years and have concluded that CO2
levels affect temperatures on this planet. Nothing new there. Fourier
proposed the hypothesis back in the 19th century. Note the following graphs:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Vostok_Petit_data.svg

Note the VERY close relationship between rising temperatures and rising
CO2 levels. Sometimes, CO2 levels rise prior to temperatures and
sometimes they lag. What scientists are quite certain about is that when
more CO2 is in the atmosphere, higher temperatures will result.

Since humans have increased CO2 levels by around 35% over the past 200
years, we can see that the unprecedented rise in temperatures (more
rapid than at any time in the past 600,000 years) can only be due to
those excess CO2 levels.

Therefore, humans are the cause. This has been stated with more than 95%
confidence by climatologists.

  This I, and a majority of people firmly believe to be utter

**Sure. Lots of ignorant people claim all sorts of ignorant things. When
climatologists tell us that there is a problem, sensible people listen.
Idiots don't.

  and there are plenty of scientists, and others out there who

**Sure. You can find all manner of geologists, osteopaths, dentists and
others with no expertise in climatology who say all sorts of things. It
only matters what the climatologists tell us about climatology.

, and find this theory to be politically and financially

**By the terminally ignorant.

**How so? Be precise in your answer. After you've conconcted your
nonsense, read this:

http://beyondzeroemissions.org/zero-carbon-australia-2020

   Anyone who has not

**I take it that you are aware that by 2013 or 2014, solar PV power will
be cheaper than coal generated power? By 2020 and beyond, it will likely
be incredibly cheap. Of course, solar is not the only answer, but it
serves to illustrate the point. Geo-thermal can rival the cost of coal,
with virtually zero emissions. Australia has shit-loads of geo-thermal
potential. Enough to supply the rest of the planet for thousands of years.

**I take it, then, that you also object to Tony Abbott's silly tax
scheme, which rips money from your pocket and hands it over to large
Mostly foreign owned) corporations? Tony Abbott has promised to cut
Australia's CO2 emissions by the same amount that Labor has.

Which system do you want?

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

ROFL.

Re: How the bastards do it

** ROFL, indeed:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Photovoltaics#Power_stations

"As of 2011, the cost of PV has fallen well below that of nuclear power
and is set to fall further. The average retail price of solar cells as
monitored by the Solarbuzz group fell from $3.50/watt to $2.43/watt over
the course of 2011.[43]

For large-scale installations, prices below $1.00/watt were achieved. A
module price of 0.60 Euro/watt (0.78 $/watt) was published for a large
scale 5-year deal in April 2012. [44] In some locations, PV has reached
grid parity, which is usually defined as PV production costs at or below
retail electricity prices (though often still above the power station
prices for coal or gas-fired generation without their distribution and
other costs). Photovoltaic power is also generated during a time of day
that is close to peak demand (precedes it) in electricity systems with
high use of air conditioning. More generally, it is now evident that,
given a carbon price of $50/ton, which would raise the price of
coal-fired power by 5c/kWh, solar PV will be cost-competitive in most
locations. The declining price of PV has been reflected in rapidly
growing installations, totaling about 23 GW in 2011. Although some
consolidation is likely in 2012, due to support cuts in the large
markets of Germany and Italy, strong growth seems likely to continue for
the rest of the decade. Already, by one estimate, total investment in
renewables for 2011 exceeded investment in carbon-based electricity
generation.[43]"

And:

http://www.smh.com.au/environment/energy-smart/solar-energy-cost-hits-par-with-coal-fuel-20110817-1iybc.html

--
Trevor Wilson www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: How the bastards do it

Oh dear, the "authority" of wikipedia is omnipotent.

Lol, the wholesale price of chinese crap.

Site Timeline