how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Well, the new boxes are going to have a power button, but you have to press and hold it for 45 seconds before it powers off. I also hear the new hybrid cars coming out have that same feature, you have to hold the key in the off position for 10 seconds to shut the car off. I cant wait! I wish they could make light switches like that. Eric

Reply to
Eric

press

hybrid

off

You *WANT* to hold the switch for 10-45 seconds before the light turns off? !!!!!!!!!!

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Can you explain that better ? The 'power button' on this Samsung 2110C responds immediately but has no actual effect on power consumption.

That's something else entirely

Gragam

Reply to
Eeyore

Great idea. All American bases in ALL foreign countries need to be closed down and all American troops need to be pulled back to their bases in the USA. When the rest of the world disintegrates into internecine warfare those troops should be armed to the teeth with every weapon devised by man to keep ALL those who are not American citizens OUT of the USA until all the various territorial and racial disputes are settled. Then when the rest of the world settles down, say in 500 - 1000 years, the then current American government can send emissaries to those remaining places where a semblance of civilization has stabilized and ask the ruler if Americans can be of any assistance. If no assistance is needed then screw the Americans, leave them in Isolation.

--

Don Thompson

Stolen from Dan:  "Just thinking, besides, I watched 2 dogs mating once,
and that makes me an expert. "
Reply to
Don T

Why would that happen ? All the most recent large wars have all been STARTED (or assisted) BY AMERICANS

You're an idiot.

It's THE USA that needs to grow up.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I'm not sure that you go further enough. I'd recommend modifying your statement "ALL those who are not American citizens" to read 'not Native Americans or who's ancestors arrived in the Americas after

1650". that way you will get rid of all those people with funny names who clutter up our world.

Bruce-in-Bangkok (correct Address is bpaige125atgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce in Bangkok