how much standby power do ALL your appliances use? - Page 3

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

17w 24/7 @ $5/yr = 3.36 cents per KWH.

I want your power pricing from my E company.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Electricity in the UK is typically around 9p (18c) per kWh.

I make that 134 / annum ! That's INSANE. Tell me I'm wrong.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

power

You are correct, more like $20 to $25 *MINUS* the time/cost it would be ON
anyway.
What his actual usage is we don't know.

Yes, You are wrong! (as usual) But at least you knew it this time, it seems.
Try 13.40 UKPounds MINUS what it costs to run when you are actually using
it.
Of course if you DON'T use it, simply unplug it from the mains. Problem
solved !!!!!!!!!!!

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Then the stupid thing has to power up from scratch every time I want to use it
going through self-test and what not.

AND the mains plug is NOT conveniently located.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

??

Okay, you're wrong.

17 w * 24hrs/day * 365 days/yr = 148.9 kWh / year
148.9 kWhr / year  *  9p /kWhr =  13.40 / year

daestrom
(unless you were talking the older penny, shilling, pound, I never did
understand that currency very well)

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 01:43:13 +0100, Eeyore

unplugging
board
things
extensions in
>http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-unswitched/4-gang-13amp-mains-extension-trailing-socket-neon-indicator-unswitched-white-length-2m.htm
http://www.chsinteractive.co.uk/electrical-components/electrical-accessories/mains-trailing-sockets-13amp/trailing-sockets-switched.html .
actually DOES SOMETHING.

Putting words in my mouth makes the weakness of your position pretty
clear.

<sigh> Mount the power switch on the underside of the table or
whatever. If you can't work this out then you're simply too feeble to
be helped.

for decades but I take exception to nit wit comments like yours making a

I don't care if you're the son of Mother Theresa and Santa Claus. The
fact is that adding a switched cord to an appliance could be done by
the average 8-year-old.

I gotta' say, reading Usenet is absolutely the fastest way to find
someone claiming to be an electronics designer with a high IQ and
advertising that adding a switched cord to an appliance is beyond his
ability. If truth-in-advertising laws ever become truly effective,
then you'll be required to add this thread to your resume.

Wayne

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Try a better shop then.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

GO FUCK YOURSELF

Do you work for Samsung btw ?

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

This shows your best debating skills I suppose.
Not that I have come to expect any better from you.

Nope, I couldn't give a rat's what you choose to buy without first checking
it meets your basic requirements.
You are now simply stating a power switch is one you forgot to check for.
BTW how do you switch off all your plug packs, or do you just leave them on,
then complain about something else?

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Let me explain  .....

The CATV offers NO option receiver, so you're stuck with their SAMSUNG POS.

I have no intention of rolling around on the floor grasping under pieces of
furniture to switch off a TOTALLY INCOMPETENTLY designed pice of kit every time
I want to use it.

Maon at SAMSUNG not me. Do you NOT even begine to realise how infuriated I am
with their POS box ?

Model number SMT-2110C btw.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Jesus Graham, I wish I knew you IRL...
I'd have endless fun setting you into a rage :)

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

time

Nah. I'm a pussy cat. I just do this to amuse and/or deal with UTTER FUCKWITS.

The inability of most people to intelligently use the contents of their cranium
is a
constant source of distress and simple bemusement to me.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

FUCKWITS.
cranium is a

Must be hilarious when you look in the mirror then.

MrT.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

How long IS that stick up your butt? You certainly are hyper-reactive. Have you
ever considered being a civil person here? Or should I just plonk you? All you
seem to do here is jump on people for not thinking exactly like you.

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

You bet !

responce

response. please take the time to spell right.

No, they made a STUPID response involving scrabbling around under furniture to
turn
off a piece of equipment that should have been designed PROPERLY in the first
place.

WHY are you so PRO bad design ?

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

I am not. If you can't figure out how to add a switch that's is easily usable,
maybe you need to go back to engineeering school.

If samsung choses to design products poorly, I will choose not to use them. You
chose to use it - live with it. What good does it do to swear at people here?

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

It should not be the CONSUMER'S job to add a switch.

Just because ***I*** could add a switch without too much trouble doesn't make the
product any better  !

Why are you so mentally feeble ?

The PRODUCT should have been adequately designed so that it doesn't take an
expert
to reduce the standby power consumption !

STOP EXCUSING BAD DESIGN, I am here being the advocate for the average consumer
who
doesn't know these things, as any DECENT designer SHOULD be.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:46:40 +0100, Eeyore

Too funny. You finally admit that it isn't difficult, but only after
writing dozens of posts pretending that it is!

That seems to be a perfect example of your best debate efforts. You
might try a far lower posting volume combined with a whole lot more
thinking.

expert

I agree that many products need better design to lessen standby
consumption. But in this case, it doesn't take an expert to cure the
problem at your end. Any little kid could handle it.

Nobody in this thread has excused bad design. Your pathetic attempts
to excuse your own lack of critical thinking by pounding out dozens of
posts full of non-sequiturs and silly insults is embarrassing to read.

Oh please. If there's anybody depending on your brand of advocacy,
somebody should roll them out of bed.

Wayne

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

usable,

I could do it but then I'd be in breach of contract for modifying the cable Co's
equipment.

Graham

Re: how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

You'd be in breach for adding a remote control and/or auto mains switch?

Dave.

Site Timeline