how much standby power do ALL your appliances use?

Or right, you want me to nail the power strip to the nice TV do you ? Clearly you've never had a wife or female partner.

You could try shutting the FUCK UP and stop trying to excuse appaling product design by Samsung.

Do they employ you ? If not, they SHOULD !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

You snipped most of what i wrote which it seems to me is pretty much to be expected from you.

I suggest you google (or wiki) the concept of 'direct democracy'.

Bye bye, rich individuals and corporations making our lives HELL.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

This shows your best debating skills I suppose. Not that I have come to expect any better from you.

Nope, I couldn't give a rat's what you choose to buy without first checking it meets your basic requirements. You are now simply stating a power switch is one you forgot to check for. BTW how do you switch off all your plug packs, or do you just leave them on, then complain about something else?

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

I prefer screws on the TV stand/cabinet, but whatever works for you.

Clearly you would be wrong, as usual.

product

Or tell your wife to STFU, and you do what's required :-)

Probably so, I would have put a switch on it, even if I didn't expect to use it. But some manufacturers count every cent on product design. The choice was YOURS on whether to buy it or not.

MrT..

Reply to
Mr.T

Which doesn't apply in America OR Australia. Can you tell me when the last referendum on the issue was? (hint, there's never been one because politicians love to keep power for themselves. The day they relinquish any real power to the people, there will be ice skating in hell)

Voting on ONE issue, only every three, four (or even 6 or 8) years is what I call "quasi democracy". Just gives the appearance of democracy while providing none.

No argument there. And yet you claimed they get what they deserve. Then abuse me for simply disputing it.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

That approach was tried, it was called communism, but come to find out it became all about being a loyal "party member". The central control of production commissars may have been described as "highly qualified" and "experts in their fields", but they had to be very loyal partisan supporters of the communist party, in fact that was often the only qualification needed.

You just know experts like yourself should decide how "countries are governed" not the mindless populations of the nations in question. And it is only experts such as yourself that can identify those who are qualified, those you can believe are working for the best result. In other words those who can support your agenda and beliefs, all others must be marginalized and certainly not allowed to decide how their country, is governed. We've seen your approach and it's results. I'll take the more messy democratic (small d) and capitalistic approach, any day.

Luck; Ken

Reply to
Ken Maltby

for

Spot the contradiction.

The Greeks did try democracy a few thousand years ago, although even then, not for all. I'm not sure we have improved on it though, but you are naturally welcome to your opinion.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

So they did. So there is a lot of experience to draw on, thanks for pointing that out. (That is why you snipped and changed the whole context of my reply, right?)

Luck; Ken

Reply to
Ken Maltby

Let me explain .....

The CATV offers NO option receiver, so you're stuck with their SAMSUNG POS.

I have no intention of rolling around on the floor grasping under pieces of furniture to switch off a TOTALLY INCOMPETENTLY designed pice of kit every time I want to use it.

Maon at SAMSUNG not me. Do you NOT even begine to realise how infuriated I am with their POS box ?

Model number SMT-2110C btw.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Oh FFS, what kind of EXCUSE is that for fundamental POOR DESIGN ?

I'm an electronics designer of some repute. I would be mortified to design a device that saved NO energy in 'standby' mode.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Er no. Since when was there not a 'communist party' ?

Your brain is obviously made of scrambled eggs.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes, one of the most advanced civilisations prior to the modern period.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Are you OBJECTING to that ?

I've had enough of stupid wars (and stupid Americans) to put up with it any more.

#1 All American bases would be banned from UK (and other countries') soil.

#2 Americans would have to be energy self-sufficient !

Yeah, sure I can dream.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Jesus Graham, I wish I knew you IRL... I'd have endless fun setting you into a rage :)

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Nope, your rant against communism was simply irrelevant.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

time

Nah. I'm a pussy cat. I just do this to amuse and/or deal with UTTER FUCKWITS.

The inability of most people to intelligently use the contents of their cranium is a constant source of distress and simple bemusement to me.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Oh, google around. they do exist. I've never seen one IRL though. Wouldn't be a lot of good to me since it would also shut off the hi-fi when I turned the TV off.

BTW, the hi-fi DOES have REAL power switches, God Forbid.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

FUCKWITS.

cranium is a

Must be hilarious when you look in the mirror then.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Yeah, like stoning to death for sexual preferences or extra-marital sex.

Good to see you're so enlightened.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Settle down. I was not implying in any way that it's an excuse for poor design, I don't know how you got that impression. I was merely pointing out options on how to fix the power consumption if you are forced to use a POS like this. Better than flapping your arms around and saying how crap it is.

So would I.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones