How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

You are not permitted to take "loose" batteries on an aeroplane
although battery operated devices are permitted. How can you pack
spare batteries so that they meet the airlines requirements.

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

Take all of your home remote controls with the batteries inside?

Put them in the luggage for the hold? (I don't know about this but I'm sure
it wouldn't be hard to find out - better to ask airlines than newsgroups.)
--
</Shaun>.

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

I was hoping for something a bit more convenient. Perhaps an "approved
container"? I only take rechargeables so I am content with 2 each of
AA and AAA. My mobile spare comes in its own charging container and my
USB charger can take two of the others.

They are not permitted in any luggage. On board or in the hold.

Specifically, who should I ask?

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

As Adrian said primary AA and AAA batteries can be bought pretty much
anywhere in the world. Why bother fighting airlines over transport and
lugging rechargeble cells there and back?

You know the old saying.... "Take only pictures and leave only flat
batteries". ;)
--
</Shaun>.

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

Take a spare device to carry the batteries, the guard may want to see
the device operating.

--
umop apisdn

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane
On a short trip, revert to buying primary batteries at your destination.

Same problem as with gas canisters for hiking stoves, and many other
things airlines dont like.

Most stuff like that can be bought locally, as long as you know beforehand.

Re: How do you take spare batteries in an aeroplane

My next trip includes four stays of only from one to three nights. I
could probably take your advice and buy spare batteries at each stop
in case the batteries I'm using fail there. Then I could discard half
a dozen batteries at the airport in preparation for buying new ones at
the next stop. I can't bring myself to do that although I agree that
the cost would be negligible compared to the air fare.

True, but I can't think of any others that I would need for an
overnight stay to change  planes.