Houses linked up in Tassie NBN: photos

The subject says it all:
http://x2t.com/tassie-NBN-Photos

Cheers Don...

============================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Houses linked up in Tassie NBN: photos

Pity about the aerial cabling though..

Back when Foxtel cable was being rolled out in Perth they wanted use the power
poles like they had done in Brisbane and other places on the east coast. They
were knocked back by Western Power and the state government so we got ours below
ground. I imagine the same will apply when the fibre is rolled out in Perth and
suburbs.

:
:The subject says it all:
:http://x2t.com/tassie-NBN-Photos
:
:Cheers Don...
:
:============================

Re: Houses linked up in Tassie NBN: photos

Underground power is about to be run through suburbs around us over the next
year. There must be possible synergies with NBN, even if they can't use the
same trench they'll have all the equipment such as the steerable drills
around. Probably that degree of alignment between two major projects is a
bit too much to expect, regrettably.

Re: Houses linked up in Tassie NBN: photos

:
:> Pity about the aerial cabling though..
:>
[...]

Shouldn't be any need to lay more ducts... Telstra will get $B11 for their
infrastructure so NBNCo can use those ducts.

[...]

Found this link;
http://www.nbnco.com.au/publications-and-announcements/publications/doc/guidelines-for-fibre-to-the-premises-underground-deployment

Re: Houses linked up in Tassie NBN: photos

Back when Optus cable was being rolled out in Sydney they wanted to
use the power poles. For our street they got an objection from the
local council who claimed it was a "heritage area", so we got ours not
at all.

Foxtel, on the other hand did it below ground so there was no problem
with that.

Andy Wood
snipped-for-privacy@trap.ozemail.com.au

Site Timeline