Home Labs - Page 2

Re: Home Labs

Unless she wants it done differently?

You _have_ a taste in furniture, colours etc?

That's part of the problem, I don't really have an opinion on soft furnishings
but am expected to offer one.

I'm like a rabbit in headlights

Nial.

Re: Home Labs

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 14:56:19 -0000, "Nial Stewart"

Me too. I have abominable taste in colors and clothes. Or so I'm
told... those things don't matter to me, so I have to take other
peoples opinions. If I "dress up" to meet a customer or something (ie,
not jeans and a tee shirt) Mo will sometimes look at me when I come
downstairs and say.....  No.

John

Re: Home Labs

Bad luck for her :-)

My requirements are mostly functional. But sometimes I get a crazy
idea. Last year I noticed wood-print floor tiles in a
home-depot-like-store. Those are on our kitchen wall now. Looks pretty
neat and it doesn't get stained like wall paper.

It usually takes us months to find something for our home. Getting
wall-paper, a couch, floor tiles, lamps, cabinets can take months and
a lot of travelling. Sometimes I make things like doorhandles myself
because I can't find the right ones in a shop.

Re: Home Labs

Gee, Dave, how well did you know this lady before you married her? :-)

Re: Home Labs

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 08:32:40 +1100, "David L. Jones"

Well, I have permission, actual approval, to build a barn. And I have
the land to put it on. All I need now is the money.

John

Re: Home Labs

  The Dave Jones I knew owned a decent sized electronics surplus shop in
the Orlando area, and his wife Bonnie worked there.

Re: Home Labs

A book about Henry VIII of England is a nice valentine gift ;-)

Falk

Re: Home Labs

  wibbled on Thursday 04 February 2010 21:47

Yeah - all this stuff about Anne Boleyn bonking Smeaton and her own brother
are nonsense. It was all because she wouldn't let him build a woodshop in
Hampton Court palace ;->

--
Tim Watts

Re: Home Labs

Like this one:

http://preview.tinyurl.com/yfnzwlr

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

On Thu, 04 Feb 2010 21:38:09 -0500, Phil Hobbs

 She looks like she needs some "rubber sleeving".

Re: Home Labs

Well done..

Anyone else want to show us their workspaces.

No cleanups allowed.

TMT

Re: Home Labs

This was my entry for the "Untidy Desk" competition I had with a few
friends.

http://www.mike-warren.net/play/M20080205081228-web.jpg

--
- Mike

Re: Home Labs

Tsk, tsk!  I can see floor!

This photo is close enough to current:
http://webpages.charter.net/dawill/Images/Bench9.jpg

It's not a workshop unless it's a dank, musty basement.  ;-)

Incidentially, I see Maxon used a lot of leveller for his basement floor..
if we were to level the ancient floor here, it would take cement trucks to
do it.  It would also make you scrape your head on the ceiling...

Tim

--
Deep Friar: a very philosophical monk.

Re: Home Labs

My desk is so cluttered, I use the term "deskalanche" to describe what
often happens on it.

You can still see my floor though - there's a path from the door to my
chair, surrounded by digikey boxes :-)

Re: Home Labs

Sounds like mine, just no digikey boxes but sparkfun and mpja boxes.

Re: Home Labs

On Wed, 3 Feb 2010 18:24:58 -0800 (PST), Too_Many_Tools

workshop:http://www.users.uswest.net/~kmaxon/page/side/mill100_137.htm
Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

Here's the mini-lab in my office. All my engineers have a similar
setup, and we have a big shared lab where we put everything together.

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/DSC01371.JPG

John

Re: Home Labs

Because I have a video blog, you get a personal video tour of my lab!
http://www.eevblog.com/2009/12/28/eevblog-51-a-tour-of-the-eevblog-electronics-lab /

Sorry, I cleaned up first ;-)

Dave.

Re: Home Labs

In article <d6e561a0-48c5-4df4-a96d-b7aa13e2ae30
@z7g2000vbl.googlegroups.com>, too_many snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...
workshop:http://www.users.uswest.net/~kmaxon/page/side/mill100_137.htm
Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

http://www.members.shaw.ca/chainsaw/SED/DfromBCbench.JPG
640KB

--
D from BC
British Columbia

Re: Home Labs

Okay. Here is me at work:

http://nico.adresboekje.nl/Nico_desk.jpg

Re: Home Labs

On Fri, 05 Feb 2010 00:00:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@puntnl.niks (Nico Coesel)

Warm beer ?:-(

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |