Home brew pogo pins?

I need ~4 pogo pins for a one off test jig, it's not worth the dollars or
time ordering some from Farnell or whoever.

Anyone made their own out of old connector parts or small safety pins?

The PCBs I'm testing has corner mounting holes and has a 4 way 3.81mm pitch
connector which I have to connect to. I plan to locate PCB above the pogo
pins on some pins etc.

Ideas anyone?
cheers.

Re: Home brew pogo pins?

Buy the pogo pins, stop being a tight arse. Its not worth the effort.

Re: Home brew pogo pins?

They're $10 each @ FEC + freight is the best part of $60 and they'll arrive
the day after I need them, plus I like my tight arse & I plan to keep it
that way.

Re: Home brew pogo pins?

Get the real thing:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/15-Everett-Charles-Spring-loaded-Pogo-25-Pogo-Pin-Jtag_W0QQitemZ260253222805QQihZ016QQcategoryZ50971QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/20-Crown-Spear-Chisel-Spring-Loaded-Pogo-Pin-Jtag_W0QQitemZ260252710737QQihZ016QQcategoryZ32845QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD2VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em122

Dave.

Re: Home brew pogo pins?

I have some good ones pulled from a test jig I could let you have if
you can pick them up in Melbourne East. email snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Clifford Heath.

Re: Home brew pogo pins?

Many thanks for the kind offer Cliff, unfortunately I'm in WA.

I made up a quick & dirty solution with safety pins. Pointy bit bent 90
degrees and the back spine wire soldered to strip board. Pointy bit goes
through strip board and contacts pads on DUT. Took 10 minutes and its
working well so far  :)

Cheers

Site Timeline