Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Can anybody tell me if there is an onboard diagnostics function on a Hitachi
C29-F350B television and how to access it if there is.
Thanks.

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

What is wrong with TV.

Rudolf

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Power off the TV,
Hold the TV/Video button down and then power up the TV.
Brings up the service menu.
What do you want to adjust?

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Tried pressing power and "tv video" but nothing happened, tv did not power
up.Tried powering up on the main power button and also from the remote, no
go I'm afraid.

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Oops, sorry, tried to enter diags using the remote, tried it from the T.V.
itself and up came diagnostics, thanks for the tip, now all I have to do is
work out how to use them!
Thanks again.
Tim.

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Get in touch with High Country Data http://www.hcsd.com.au /
they can rent or sell you a manual.
Allan

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

When viewing anything that is shown in widescreen mode, 4:3 or whatever it
is called, the dark bands top and bottom are not parallel, can that be
adjusted from the menu? does it give you the same sort of control that you
have with most CRT monitors?

Hitachi

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

Buy a new TV.!
All the Hitachi range seem to be like that, I have the C29-F100 and its like
that too.
Had it Swapped with Hitachi, but the other was as bad, (it is only a few mms
out, but so annoying!)
No Adjustments in Menu,
in the old days you could setup the convergence, but not these days..:<

Re: Hitachi T.V. diagnostics?

I don't know about buying a new one just yet, although as you say, it is
quite annoying.
It looks like I will have to live with it.
Thanks all the same for the help.
Tim.

like
mms