Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Hello All,

I am trying to get a copy of a application note by Hitachi for a MOSFET
amp published in 1989. You probably have seen amps designed with the
note's influence - the voltage gain stage is a long tailed pair
(differential amp) driven from the input LTP. Just about all the recent
AUS. magazine designs have used it.

Anyway, can anyone help with a link or a copy of this note? I have
"googled" but all I can find is some sod who wants 12 Euro for someone
else's work.

All help appreciated

David Eather

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

...and the part number would be??????

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Sorry Lord Garth, I couldn't find a part number, hence the providing of
a description

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

The only other detail I have is that the note was published for the
MOSFETs 2SJ49 and 2SK134

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

"David Eather"

**  It was first published a lot earlier than that.

** The other devices were 2SA970 and 2SC2240.

The original app note schematic was always hard to find on the net  -  I
found a reproduction of it on a hobby web site by chance a few years ago.

No sign of it now.

.....   Phil

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

put finger to keyboard and composed:

Have you tried the Wayback Machine?

I've found a lot of documents in the archives that have disappeared
from the live Web.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

I didn't know about the Wayback Machine - I gave it a good try but no joy.

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

put finger to keyboard and composed:

Not many people are aware of it, even though it may potentially be a
bigger resource than the Internet itself.

At the moment there is no text search, but you can find all the PDFs,
for example, that were archived from a particular site over several
years by using the Advanced Search options.

Try this:

http://web.archive.org/web /*re_pd_sr_1nr_30/http://www.hitachi.com *

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

:Hello All,
:
:I am trying to get a copy of a application note by Hitachi for a MOSFET
:amp published in 1989. You probably have seen amps designed with the
:note's influence - the voltage gain stage is a long tailed pair
:(differential amp) driven from the input LTP. Just about all the recent
:AUS. magazine designs have used it.
:
:Anyway, can anyone help with a link or a copy of this note? I have
:"googled" but all I can find is some sod who wants 12 Euro for someone
:else's work.
:
:All help appreciated
:
:David Eather

It was bloody hard to come by even back then. I only have a photocopy of it and
there are 45 A4 pages in total. I have posted it to abse if that will help
(1.9Mb PDF file)

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

"Ross Herbert"

** Downloaded and read, amazing I've never seen it published anywhere
before.

Shame there is no date on the doc, but since Hitachi first released their
"power mosfets"  better known as " lateral mosfets "  back in 1977   -  the
actual publication date is close to then.

Must have been the most avidly read app note in history by audio power amp
designers in the late 70s and beyond.

.....   Phil

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

:
:"Ross Herbert"
:>
[...]

If you can make out the phone number on the Plessey Components sticker on the
front page you will see that it was a six digit number. Six digit numbers had
disappeared in Australia by the mid to late 1970's.

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Hi,

There were still six digit phone numbers in my area until the late 80s..!

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

And the early nineties in Queensland.

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Yes, many outer metro or regional exchanges were 6 digit working much later than
the mid to late 70's.

I was referring to capital city/metropolitan phone numbers. Plessey Components
(the supplier of the app note) were in Villawood, and this being a large light
industrial area, would have been a prime candidate for growth in telephone
numbers in the late 70's. I don't know when the exchange serving Villawood was
converted from 6 digit to 7 digit working but I think it would have been before
1980. In WA we were modifying exchanges ready for 7 digit working in 1972 and
this changeover commenced nationally around the middle of that decade if my
memory isn't too vague. If anybody has more definite info I would like to hear
it.

I was working in the Electronics Design section in 1978-80 and I am sure that's
when we obtained the Hitachi app note copy.

:Ross Vumbaca wrote:
:> Hi,
:>
:> Ross Herbert wrote:
:>
:>> If you can make out the phone number on the Plessey Components sticker
:>> on the
:>> front page you will see that it was a six digit number. Six digit
:>> numbers had
:>> disappeared in Australia by the mid to late 1970's.
:>
:> There were still six digit phone numbers in my area until the late 80s..!
:>
:> Regards,
:>
:> Ross..
:
:
:And the early nineties in Queensland.

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Hi Ross,

than

I do live in the metropolitan area of Sydney (where we still held
6-digit numbers until the 80s) :-)

Regards,

Ross..

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

:Hi Ross,
:
:Ross Herbert wrote:
:> Yes, many outer metro or regional exchanges were 6 digit working much later
than
:> the mid to late 70's.
:>
:> I was referring to capital city/metropolitan phone numbers. Plessey
Components
:
:I do live in the metropolitan area of Sydney (where we still held
:6-digit numbers until the 80s) :-)
:
:Regards,
:
:Ross..

Well, that just proves that there is always an exception to the rule. It depends
upon whether the particular exchange area you live in was stagnant in growth or
not - the area code was probably padded with an extra  digit to make up the 7
digits. The fact is that Telecom (or PMG as it was then) was preparing the
network - Australia wide - for 7 digit numbering back in the early 70's and the
switch to 7 digits occurred in the mid to late 70's in MOST city/metro areas.

Here's an extract from a 1978 newsletter by the Action for Public Transport
(NSW) group. The entry of events for May the 14 contains both 6 and 7 digit
number examples.

MEDIA RELEASE / NEWSLETTER / April 1978

WHAT'S ON

SNIP

14 May

RALLY FOR BOTANY BAY-Walkathon, bike ride, energy fair, picnic. Marchers
(sponsored) will start from Dolls Point, Banksmeadow Park, & Tasker Park, and
cyclists from Belmore Pk., Central, at 10 am, converging on Cook Pk.,
Brighton-le-Sands. Enq. Don Morison, 95 5731, or FOE, 235 8037.

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Many Thanks. I've got it now (took a while to figure out abse).

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

Wow, thanks, I've been looking on and off for this for years..
--
Clint Sharp

Re: Hitachi MOSFET application note 1989

On Mon, 06 Jul 2009 12:38:42 GMT, Ross Herbert

Would you mind if I uploaded it to my web space?

- Franc Zabkar