Higher grade robotics ..

Been doing some searching on robotics kits .. seems an expensive hobby, but
that aside .. What does it take to make better quality robotics? Ie, things
that can actually lift a bit of weight? All of the kits and arms I can find
so far are very weak .. very lightweight stuff .. Is it possible to find
kits for heavier duty stuff, even if I have to design parts to make them
work together . is it possible to find the stuff?

Thanks in advance!

[ VIDGuide.com ] [ Irdeto Card Sharing Resources & Other Sat TV Interests ]
[ http://www.VIDGuide.com ]

Re: Higher grade robotics - Try /.

 Try http://SlashDot.org & search
 that site for archived articles.