Help with identifying serial connector

Does anyone know what type of connector this is?

http://satin.sensation.net.au/rowan/weird-serial-port.jpg

Standard DB9 to the right, unknown connector to the left. Note the
diagonal keys in the plastic mould for each pin, with the top right
being on the opposite side.

The next hurdle is the pinout. Is this commonly used on serial ports or
is it likely to be proprietary?

Thanks in advance...

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Your connector is not a common PC connector so could be used for anything.

A few clues about where you found it might be usefull.

There is not a rock solid standard that says a DB9 will always be used for
RS232 serial connections but it most often is in ordinary PCs.

John G.

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Sorry, I should have made it clear that both are definitely serial
ports. They appear on a GPS tracking unit. COM1 is the DB9 connector,
COM2 is the unknown connector.

It's been suggested that it's a Molex. I wandered down to my local
Jaycar store this evening, only to find they now close an hour earlier!
:(

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Looks a bit like a Mini-Fit Jr or such like Molex connector.

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Probably for an external aerial.
How does the board get power? 9combo plug)

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Looks like a minFit Jinor from Molex.

perhpas the GSM board manufacturer might be able to supply a cable with the
connector on it.

Looks like it could be a  Intercel modem.

JG

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Or Microfit by Molex. Try Farnel, look for right angle version of:

Farnel - PF Part Number: 1012248

Manufacturer: MOLEX

Manufacturer Part Number: 43045-0612

Re: Help with identifying serial connector

Thanks for the lead - I found a data sheet on molex.com and the keying
matches exactly. The female plug (which is what I need) seems to be
43025-0600.

Site Timeline