Help with identifying serial connector

Does anyone know what type of connector this is?

Standard DB9 to the right, unknown connector to the left. Note the diagonal keys in the plastic mould for each pin, with the top right being on the opposite side.

The next hurdle is the pinout. Is this commonly used on serial ports or is it likely to be proprietary?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
rowan194

Your connector is not a common PC connector so could be used for anything.

A few clues about where you found it might be usefull.

There is not a rock solid standard that says a DB9 will always be used for RS232 serial connections but it most often is in ordinary PCs.

John G.

Reply to
John G

Sorry, I should have made it clear that both are definitely serial ports. They appear on a GPS tracking unit. COM1 is the DB9 connector, COM2 is the unknown connector.

It's been suggested that it's a Molex. I wandered down to my local Jaycar store this evening, only to find they now close an hour earlier! :(

Reply to
rowan194

Looks a bit like a Mini-Fit Jr or such like Molex connector.

Reply to
swanny

Probably for an external aerial. How does the board get power? 9combo plug)

Reply to
Big Bear

Looks like a minFit Jinor from Molex.

perhpas the GSM board manufacturer might be able to supply a cable with the connector on it.

Looks like it could be a Intercel modem.

JG

Reply to
Joe G (Home)

Or Microfit by Molex. Try Farnel, look for right angle version of:

Farnel - PF Part Number: 1012248

Manufacturer: MOLEX

Manufacturer Part Number: 43045-0612

Reply to
Scruffy

Thanks for the lead - I found a data sheet on molex.com and the keying matches exactly. The female plug (which is what I need) seems to be

43025-0600.
Reply to
rowan194