Help With A Schematic

I've just completed this device and it does what it's supposed
to(distort a guitars output signal) but has no gain... Can anyone help
me try and get more gain out of this pig? Perhaps change some of the
devices values...add pots? Who knows I don't... see this hyperlink to
view the schematic (
http://www.diystompboxes.com/pedals/orange.jpg)

Thanks

Bill

Re: Help With A Schematic

What transistors are you using?

Ross

Re: Help With A Schematic

bc109's

Re: Help With A Schematic

Start by lowering the 4.7k a bit

Re: Help With A Schematic

Lower it to what value ?

Bill

Re: Help With A Schematic

On 15 Nov 2005 20:15:49 -0800, "william snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

I have no experience with guitar effects, so I need to ask what is the
impedance of the source driving this circuit?

You might try increasing the 22k to 47k or 68k to see if that makes a
difference.  You should also check very carefully that you built it
right.

regards,
Johnny.

Re: Help With A Schematic

On 15 Nov 2005 20:15:49 -0800, "william snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net"

The first thing I would do is to verify your construction by taking
some DC bias measurements with the input shorted to ground. I'd expect
a voltage of 2.1V at the collector of the first transistor, for
example.

-- Franc Zabkar