Help With A Schematic

I've just completed this device and it does what it's supposed to(distort a guitars output signal) but has no gain... Can anyone help me try and get more gain out of this pig? Perhaps change some of the devices values...add pots? Who knows I don't... see this hyperlink to view the schematic (

)

Thanks

Bill

Reply to
william_gallagher

What transistors are you using?

Ross

Reply to
Ross Marchant

Start by lowering the 4.7k a bit

Reply to
Dand

bc109's

Reply to
william_gallagher

Lower it to what value ?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Gallagher

I have no experience with guitar effects, so I need to ask what is the impedance of the source driving this circuit?

You might try increasing the 22k to 47k or 68k to see if that makes a difference. You should also check very carefully that you built it right.

regards, Johnny.

Reply to
Johnny

On 15 Nov 2005 20:15:49 -0800, "william snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net" put finger to keyboard and composed:

The first thing I would do is to verify your construction by taking some DC bias measurements with the input shorted to ground. I'd expect a voltage of 2.1V at the collector of the first transistor, for example.

-- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar