Help...Power Checker Pen?

Hi all,

I don't know anything about electronics but im after a device which I don't know the name of...

It looks like a pen and it detects power/current and lights up. Its good for checking power cables for blown fuses etc. There are no electrodes...you just place it near the cable and it lights up if it detects power.

I just need to know what they call these things so I can find one online and buy it.

Many thanks Chris

Reply to
CLUCAS

Fluke make one called the VoltAlert:

They are "non-contact AC voltage testers" for want of a better term.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Jaycar have a few, QP2274 $20

Non-Contact Volt Sensor Pocket Tester

Reliable, no fuss non-contact voltage sensor, made by IDEAL Industries and backed by a lifetime warranty. A must for every electrician or tradesman's pocket.

*Checks non-contact voltage from 40 to 600VAC (CAT III 600V) *Audible AND visual indication - even Fluke's more expensive unit is visual only! *Tests for energised circuits *Compact rugged housing with rubber cushion grip *Lifetime warranty
Reply to
Allan

Thanks for your replies guys

Thats exactly what I was after, just did not have a clue what they were called!

Thanks Chris

Reply to
CLUCAS