Help please Sylvia......

I have a senior moment Sylvia. One of many lately. Recently you posted on
this NG a reply with a hyperlink to an image you had taken. How did you do
that please? I would be most grateful of your help. Just can't think at this
time. Time is taking over methinks TIA.

Metro.........

Re: Help please Sylvia......

Um - I just copied and pasted the URL. It's the browser that recognises
it as a hyperlink, just by virtue of the text. Has to start with a URL
prefix, such as http://

Sylvia.

Re: Help please Sylvia......

Ta.My problem is if I want to send the image say from 'My Pics' it's easy as
an attachment, so how do I convert to it to a link with the prefix. It's
staring me in the face, I know. Senility is definatly settling in.
Retirement is on it's way soon. sorry to be a pain.

Metro.....

Re: Help please Sylvia......
You need to use the webspace provided for you by your ISP (some do it
for free), pay for website or run the webserver yourself and upload the
pics first.

I think you'd be better of joining picasa or flikr, you can publish fair
amount of photos for free and share links to them.

Tom

Re: Help please Sylvia......

Good stuff. Thanks Tom.

Metro....

Re: Help please Sylvia......

"Metro"

** Make us all one simple promise  - will ya ?

Only post sharp, well illuminated images that make sense.

Use a real camera with macro focus  -  PLLEEASE !!

....  Phil

Re: Help please Sylvia......

And if one doesn't have one, but wants to make a point?

Sylvia.

Re: Help please Sylvia......

This is a reasonable response and fully explains the situation

Re: Help please Sylvia......

"David Eather is 100% autistic "

** No it does not.

Re: Help please Sylvia......

"Autistic" is not an insult and it does not even apply. An autistic
person will rarely involve themselves in issues between third parties.
The context:

PA:
 > ** Make us all one simple promise - will ya ?
 >
 > Only post sharp, well illuminated images that make sense.
 >
 > Use a real camera with macro focus - PLLEEASE !!

SE:
And if one doesn't have one, but wants to make a point?

Sylvia.

Nobody would expect you (Phil or anyone else) to know what camera and
facilities SE has access to. So SE's response tell you that she doesn't
have a camera that will do a nice macro shot, and also tells you she
still needs to produce a photo.

That is a full explanation of why her photos will be out of focus and
less than perfect.

SE's response is not an attack on you. It is simply new information. New
information is something external to you. It makes no judgement or
criticism of you, your beliefs or values. It is entirely neutral. Nobody
should expect you to already know this information, and hence there is
no issue/problem/valid criticism that you didn't already know this.

The phrasing may be less than perfect and carries a hint of sarcasm, but
it is well within the "norms" of this group and it is considerably less
aggressive than many of your own responses to similar types of
questions.

Re: Help please Sylvia......
 "David Eather is 100% autistic"

** Not up to you to decide if you have autism or not.

    Others can see it sticking out a mile.

** Fraid that is exactly what the fools do a the time -  being completely
unable to perceive the folly of doing so.

** My post was not directed to SE but to Metro.

   His reply was:  " Definitely. Thanks "

** If I ever needed wanted to prove that you were autistic to someone -  all
I gotta do is show them this post.

    It's a classic of the genre.

..... Phil

Re: Help please Sylvia......

Definitely. Thanks

Re: Help please Sylvia......

This is a reasonable request, stated reasonably

Re: Help please Sylvia......

"David Eather is completely autistic"

** So why make a fuss over it??

Re: Help please Sylvia......

The question you asked was OK, SE response was OK. You didn't need to
start telling people to "fuck off". That's all.

Re: Help please Sylvia......
 "David Eather is completely autistic"

** I never asked one.

** My post was not to SE.

**  Yes I did.

.....  Phil

Re: Help please Sylvia......

Or perhaps an unreasonable request couched in reasonable terms. After
all, if a person has such a camera it is likely they'd use it anyway. So
reading between the lines, Phil's request is actually that one not post
photographs in such situations unless one has a camera with macro focus.

Mind you, I think as much as anything, the images were affected by the
difficult of holding the camera still enough, and the lack of a remote
shutter trigger.

Sylvia.

Re: Help please Sylvia......

I don't know. I think it's a bit of a grey area. If it was someone who
knew you as a kind, thoughtful, detail orientated type of person, I'd
agree fully. But someone who didn't know you is, I think, entitled to ask.

So

I don't think Phil knows you so that may not follow.

You can try using a tennis ball or similar as a mono-pod. It might help
(it helps me).

Re: Help please Sylvia......

create account at www.box.net and you will be added with 5GB of web shared
storage space...with lots ogf awesome functions and possibilities...even as
interactive photo sliding albums....upload is simple, in few steps;
1. create New Folder
2. click upload to get uploader pop up window (local browser)
3. select all the pics you want to upload
4. after upload is done just do a right click on that folder and choose "Get
a link to file" (or folder)
5. copy that link
6. paste it to anywhere or to anyone you want...
7. enjoy :)

btw; only people with that link will be able to browse those pics or any
kind of files you upload...but there is also option to ake a public access
for browsing as well...

here is the example;
http://www.box.net/shared/2nou7lt238

PS: if you want to use newsgroups for simple file upload by attaching it in
your mail/news reader, then make sure you are posting ONLY at groups that
are "binaries" highlighted in their title

for example; hr.sci.elektronika.binaries

PS: if you need to quickly upload just 1 or 2 pics to share then alternative
option, fast, free and no need of registration is; http://imageshack.us/

Site Timeline