Help: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

Hi, I did a bad thing, and dropped it into water. Half of the unit was
submerged and water did enter it. I pulled it apart and dried it out
for a few days by air, but it didn't work. I tried drying it out with a
hair drier, but it still doesn't work.

What it does do is turn on when you press talk and make the on beep
sound, but then turns off again after a few seconds as it will not
respond to any input other than the talk and end buttons.

Hoping someone may have come across this and resolved it, before I go
and by a new phone.

Regards,
Xygt

Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

 **   Water  =  what ???

...........   Phil

Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

Sigh, ok, I picked the phone up from the wall holder, it slipped out my
hand and into a saucepan of water on the kitchen bench :-(   Very
dopey.

Cheers,
Xygt

Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

This has happened to us too, a few times, phone seems to have survived
though :).

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

You guys have gotta stop sharing a flat!

Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

< snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

**  When that happens, the very first thing to do is REMOVE the battery
**immediately** to prevent electrolysis ( electric current flowing via the
water and hence destroying components and creating a white lead oxide sludge
out of the solder) .

Then just drying the unit is all you need to do.

..........    Phil

Re: Help: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

Some of the uniden phones you can just buy the phone and charger only
for use as a second phone. ie, you don't need to waste money on
another base station.

Re: Help: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

Hi, all fixed. I let it dry out even longer, and it's back to life.

Thanks for all the advice.

Regards,
Xygt

Site Timeline