Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Help: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone
May 25, 2005, 4:01 am
rate this thread
Hi, I did a bad thing, and dropped it into water. Half of the unit was
submerged and water did enter it. I pulled it apart and dried it out
for a few days by air, but it didn't work. I tried drying it out with a
hair drier, but it still doesn't work.
What it does do is turn on when you press talk and make the on beep
sound, but then turns off again after a few seconds as it will not
respond to any input other than the talk and end buttons.
Hoping someone may have come across this and resolved it, before I go
and by a new phone.
Re: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone
** When that happens, the very first thing to do is REMOVE the battery
**immediately** to prevent electrolysis ( electric current flowing via the
water and hence destroying components and creating a white lead oxide sludge
out of the solder) .
Then just drying the unit is all you need to do.
- » Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » LWM2M C Language Implementation for the Small Embedded IoT Devices
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Embedded Programming