Help: Dead Uniden XS915 cordless phone

Hi, I did a bad thing, and dropped it into water. Half of the unit was submerged and water did enter it. I pulled it apart and dried it out for a few days by air, but it didn't work. I tried drying it out with a hair drier, but it still doesn't work.

What it does do is turn on when you press talk and make the on beep sound, but then turns off again after a few seconds as it will not respond to any input other than the talk and end buttons.

Hoping someone may have come across this and resolved it, before I go and by a new phone.

Regards, Xygt

Reply to
xygt3

** Water = what ???

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Sigh, ok, I picked the phone up from the wall holder, it slipped out my hand and into a saucepan of water on the kitchen bench :-( Very dopey.

Cheers, Xygt

Reply to
xygt3

This has happened to us too, a few times, phone seems to have survived though :).

Cheers, Nicholas Sherlock

Reply to
Nicholas Sherlock

** When that happens, the very first thing to do is REMOVE the battery **immediately** to prevent electrolysis ( electric current flowing via the water and hence destroying components and creating a white lead oxide sludge out of the solder) .

Then just drying the unit is all you need to do.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You guys have gotta stop sharing a flat!

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Some of the uniden phones you can just buy the phone and charger only for use as a second phone. ie, you don't need to waste money on another base station.

Reply to
David Sauer

Hi, all fixed. I let it dry out even longer, and it's back to life.

Thanks for all the advice.

Regards, Xygt

Reply to
xygt3