Hedy Lamarr

I just watched a doco on Hedy Lamarr. In 1966 she was charged with shoplifting
$86 worth of items. The case went to a jury trial lasting 6 days. Are they
kidding? Is that a good use of the justice system? I can't believe it.

P.S. The bare facts given suggested that she was guilty but she apparently put
on a marvellous performance and was acquitted. She became rich later when her
radio frequency hopping invention, patented in 1942 and intended to guide
torpedos, was used by mobile phones, though they didn't say whether the money
came from the patent or just because she became famous once more.

Re: Hedy Lamarr
On Thu, 25 Apr 2013 10:24:24 +1000, "DavidW"

They never tell the full story..

Re: Hedy Lamarr

Forerunner of CDMA
Govt of the day wasn't interested.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: Hedy Lamarr

Thanks for your comment. I always enjoy a good discusion on legal cases and the
courts.

Re: Hedy Lamarr

If it was patented in 1942 the patent expired in 1962

--
?? 100% natural

Hedly Lamarr

"David Wanker"

** A jury trial for a small offence is rare  -  and only happens at the
insistence of the accused who must bare the dramatically increased cost.

** Every citizen has the basic right to be judged by their peers - rather
than some pompous, corrupt git in a wig.

   Despite what moronic fuck heads like you might think.

** Bollocks.

All patents have time limits.

Circa 20 years max unless something unusual ( like a war) prevents the
patent being exploited by the holder.

...  Phil

Re: Hedly Lamarr

Once again you are wrong, Phil. Wikipedia says so:
"In 1998, Ottawa wireless technology developer Wi-LAN Inc. acquired a 49 percent

claim to the patent from Lamarr for an undisclosed amount of stock"

Hedely Lamarr

"David Wanker is a LIAR "

** I am never wrong  -  you psycho fuckwit pile of excrement !!!

What Wiki actually says is:

" The idea was not implemented in the USA until 1962, when it was
used by U.S. military ships during a blockade of Cuba after the

***patent had expired***.

Perhaps owing to this lag in development, the patent was little known
until 1997, when the Electronic Frontier Foundation gave Lamarr an
award for this contribution. In 1998, Ottawa wireless technology
developer Wi-LAN Inc. acquired a 49 percent claim to the patent from
Lamarr for an undisclosed amount of stock. "

WiLan Inc is a Canadian company that collects old and expired patents and
scams people.

Not one, single thing you posted was true.

... Phil

Re: Hedely Lamarr

So? That doesn't make the line I posted untrue.

How does it scam people when it is the buyer? "I'll buy your worthless patent
for such-and-such amount of stock." Great scam!

Site Timeline