Heater to cathode short in Samsung CB-677Z

Greetings group.
I have a Samsung ctv model  CB-677Z . Randomly the screen turns
slightly green.

I suspect it may have a heater to cathode short.

I have had 2 other tv's with a similar problem, but both of them turned
the screen almost fully one colour. I fixed them by making a new heater
winding on the LOPT.

In the EFIL cd, for Samsung tv's I am told to connect one end of the
new heater to the video supply rail via a 1Meg resistor.

I am not certain what the video supply rail is.

Can someone please assist?

Thanks,
Russell.

Re: Heater to cathode short in Samsung CB-677Z

As a general rule the supply to the video output IC or Transistors will be
around 200V and supplied to the tube base.
Hope that helps John.

Re: Heater to cathode short in Samsung CB-677Z

I beleive video supply rail is 180V or 200V to CRT PCB.

Rudolf

Re: Heater to cathode short in Samsung CB-677Z

Thankyou John and Rudolf for your replies.
 I had a reasonably good idea what I should connect to, but I wanted to
be sure.

Russell.

Site Timeline