Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

It just gets better and better. Crawl off and die you greedy pile of shit.

kreed

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think kreed, :-)

3.3K negative comments on that one article.

There is no way the retailers can win this. It has simply made everyone aware of how greedy Gerry and friends are, and pointed consumers directly to cheaper alternatives. They are advertising their own demise.

My wife has purchased books from Amazon since before most shoppers knew what amazon was. After reading through the comments myself, I found two very interesting book sites, that will need further investigation. One in the UK provides free shipping world wide. I'll bet she will love that one.

Keep at it Gerry. The more you say, the more damage you do.

Gerry and the Spacemakers. Welcome in the year 2011 with a new beginning to retailing in Australia. I'll look forward to it.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

They also have a US site, at

- sometimes the books are cheaper from the UK site, sometimes from the US site. For example, I bought another book from them today - AUD$12.90 from their US site, and AUD$21.80 from their UK site, for the same book! It's rare that there's anywhere near that much difference, but there's always some difference.

I've bought dozens of books from Book Depository, their service is fantastic.

By the way, the easiest way to find the best price on books (local and overseas) is with

Regards, Peter

Reply to
Pete

"harey norman" is not (only) in the retail business it's in the finance (brokerage) business, the prices are artificially inflated to mask the cost of all the "free finance" they offer.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

ware of how greedy Gerry and friends are, and

their own demise.

hat amazon was. After reading through the

further investigation. One in the UK provides

depository.co.uk/

I always look there, or Ebay for books.

For that matter, you can get a surprising amount of wide release (not so much technical) books for virtually nothing at recycling centres and charity shops.

to retailing in Australia.

Reply to
kreed

I think you will find that the finance is all provided by GE.

Reply to
terryc

Dont kid yourself the finance is 'free'

May not pay interest .. but u sure do pay a monthly 'account' fee

Reply to
Jack Simms

Yup .. and comes with a hefty monthly fee

Reply to
Jack Simms

No Deposit! No Interest! No Payments until March! Even Cheaper for Cash!

Reply to
T.T.

books are cheaper from the UK site, sometimes

AUD$12.90 from their US site, and AUD$21.80 from

much difference, but there's always some

overseas) is with

Thanks for the info Peter, my wife while be very pleased with this I'm sure. Mind you, Amazon will suffer, but that is what global trading is all about.

Cheers Don...