Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth dise...

It just gets better and better.
Crawl off and die you greedy pile of shit.

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/online-sales-will-kill-jobs-retailers/story-e6frfmd9-1225981373508

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think kreed, :-)

3.3K negative comments on that one article.

There is no way the retailers can win this. It has simply made everyone aware of
how greedy Gerry and friends are, and
pointed consumers directly to cheaper alternatives. They are advertising their
own demise.

My wife has purchased books from Amazon since before most shoppers knew what
amazon was. After reading through the
comments myself, I found two very interesting book sites, that will need further
investigation. One in the UK provides
free shipping world wide. I'll bet she will love that one.
http://www.bookdepository.co.uk /

Keep at it Gerry. The more you say, the more damage you do.

Gerry and the Spacemakers. Welcome in the year 2011 with a new beginning to
retailing in Australia.
I'll look forward to it.

Cheers Don...

=======================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

They also have a US site, at http://www.bookdepository.com - sometimes
the books are cheaper from the UK site, sometimes from the US site.  For
example, I bought another book from them today - AUD$12.90 from their US
site, and AUD$21.80 from their UK site, for the same book!  It's rare
that there's anywhere near that much difference, but there's always some
difference.

I've bought dozens of books from Book Depository, their service is
fantastic.

By the way, the easiest way to find the best price on books (local and
overseas) is with http://www.booko.com.au

Regards, Peter

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)
books are cheaper from the UK site, sometimes
AUD$12.90 from their US site, and AUD$21.80 from
much difference, but there's always some
overseas) is with http://www.booko.com.au

Thanks for the info Peter, my wife while be very pleased with this I'm sure.
Mind you, Amazon will suffer, but that is what global trading is all about.

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

I always look there, or Ebay for books.

For that matter, you can get a surprising amount of wide release (not
so much technical) books for virtually nothing at recycling centres
and charity shops.

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)
http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/online-sales-will-kill-jobs-retailers/story-e6frfmd9-1225981373508

"harey norman" is not (only) in the retail business it's in the finance
(brokerage) business, the prices are artificially inflated to mask the
cost of all the "free finance" they offer.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

I think you will find that the finance is all provided by GE.

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian"(foot in mouth disease)
On Thu, 06 Jan 2011 22:35:33 +1100, terryc

Yup .. and comes with a hefty monthly fee

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be"Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/online-sales-will-kill-jobs-retailers/story-e6frfmd9-1225981373508

Dont kid yourself the finance is 'free'

May not pay interest .. but u sure do pay a monthly 'account' fee

Re: Harvey now considers shopping online with no GST to be "Un-Australian" (foot in mouth disease)

http://www.news.com.au/money/money-matters/online-sales-will-kill-jobs-retailers/story-e6frfmd9-1225981373508

No Deposit!
No Interest!
No Payments until March!