Harvey Norman Cable Scam

Agreed... ...and I always new my stock and always gave them the choice...

| Yep, his profit is far more important than customer service.

Agreed... ...thats why I left The Derney Group (Harvey Norman and Domayne)

| Unfortunately many do, even when they are in the wrong.

Disagree... ...you must have had a bad run my friend... :-S

| Yep, but it is annoying when you have already gotten to the wrap it up | stage.

As a salesman you know ur stock level and know what you have to offer - get to the "wrap-up stage" (as you put it?) and you ask them if they want one - if you have new stock you DONT sell the display, if the display is all thats left, you already know this AND ALSO know if you can get them from another store or supplier and you them then know while you are selling the item - so that you dont waste their shopping time.

If they want one ordered - order it, if they want the display, then pack it up, clean it up, check all the bits are there and make sure it is in "as new" condition.

It all boils down to (and someone else posted it here in this thread too!) that a GOOD salesman knows his stock and what he can and cant do and informs the person as part of the sale...

| Sometimes it's more complicated than that.

If it is then ur rights have been abused and you have HUNDREDS of avenues to follow - well ok, not hundreds but you are in the right, just as your camera story showed and it WOULD have been a problem if you were served by me! ;-)

| So you should have to ask a salesperson to be honest, and I guess you'll | believe them afterwards :-)

It was a generic statement - tell a salesperson youre not into bullshit and fancy extras, but that you just want the product and the fact and they will probably like it more... ...most customers enter a store, stand in front of a salesperson as if you ask "...NOW! Impress me Monkey Boy! Show me your tricks!!!" and then make them bend over backwards and NEVER buy - wasting time, wasting effort - tyre kickers!...

...ever looked around a store and couldnt find a salesman because you were ready to buy or ask questions - 50% of the time thats because one of the people described above, a tyre-kicker, was wasting a salespersons time!

| Not surprising then that customers are sick of know it all salespeople who | really know nothing.

Trained as an Electronics Engineer, Computer Technician - worked for repairers for most of the major printer, computer manufacturers, was IBM cert. to repair IBM equipment and was well versed in my craft, and made sure I was trained well in customer service and sales...

...oh, by the way - customer service and sales are two COMPLETELY different things - despite what customers think!

| I guess consumers are better off now you've gone at least.

No they are not, when I left dick smith, domayne I had customers in my town follow me to different stores so they could get my service!

Relax, I spose you need to insult someone you dont know to make your point - shame...

-- Richard

PS -- I know run two business on my own and have a tidy customer base which is a testiment to my customer service and sales ability! ;-)

Reply to
Richard Waters

Vince...ahhh the green pen man... and not only going mad on green pens but selling rebadged $2.00 green pens for $8.00....and beyond... Of course a certain wholesaler in Sydney (one who may have played with Q.E.D. alot) decided to import the original green pen from the USA. retail $28.00

Reply to
phonebook

We heard you the first time.

Reply to
Michael

"Michael"

** We ????

Who is this "We"

You and your strutting, pig god ego ???

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

HiFi

strands

Think Encel. However, Vince Testa, formerly the owner of Symphonia Audio told the same story over and over. Sad thing is , he actually believed it.

Reply to
Ayn Marx

Well, thats no bloody good - no mid range at all hey?

David

"T.T." wrote:

Reply to
quietguy

Some totally loony arse bandit from Perth puked:

** The ESL63s were not "dud" and it was not last year.

Plus, I bought them from a major Quad dealership with a full warranty.

** No you did not.

** Impressing some f****it audiophool is the very last thing need to do.
** So says a stupid, desperate, psychotic, net stalking, libel spewing, ex Telstra puke + a bloody arse bandit !!!

ROTFLMAO !!!

** TT is insane - and you are even worse.

** Absolutely false.

The reverse is the true case.

** Sheer, rabid dog paranoia ........

This fat, ugly arse bandit is a complete freak.

............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Oh, so the truth finally comes out. The Quads ESL63s you bought from Campsie Hi-Fi had nothing wrong with them? So howcome you raved all over aus.hi-fi like a bloody lunatic that they were faulty if indeed you have just claimed they were not "dud"? A bit of a contradiction taking place here Phil. Explain this little slip of the keyboard.

So if (as you originally claimed) one unit was low on output, why did you not avail yourself of the full warranty and have the "defective" speaker repaired under that warranty?

made.

Actually Phil you are correct. I got rid of it within less than 12 months of owning it. Traded it for a much better player.

So until Phil says otherwise one can assume TT's original comment of "relic guitar amp" stands as correct.

ex

Are you man enough to repeat those comments to my face coward?

psycho

Read and weep you pathetic liar -

----------------------

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Allison" Newsgroups: aus.electronics Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 8:38 PM Subject: The Rutmanica is Stuffed

---------------------

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Allison" Newsgroups: aus.hi-fi Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 3:36 PM Subject: Boring....

know.

----------------------- and there are plenty more examples.......

As I said before Phil - want to repeate those comments to my face? Or are you just scared shitless? Coward scumbag.

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

Oh I don't know, Alan. I always gave him quite a lot of credit for that. :-)

Reply to
paul packer

quality

the

He

images

was

at

of

was

for

Thank you for finally providing a fairly close to realistic answer--finally

The 300-post farce you were responsible for creating 21- 25 March was of the quality for nomination for some award.

Reply to
Steven

big

Is his name Phil? I had such hope for you too!

Reply to
Steven

He's better at it than I could do it???

know

off.

consumer

him

Reply to
Steven

Total around 400. I'm going to leave Australia to the Australians. The people we call "aboriginals" might like that.

Goodbye, you didn't leave a good impression today.

quality

the

He

images

was

at

of

was

Reply to
Steven

Eh? What are you trying to say?

Reply to
paul packer

I'll hazard a guess & say he hasn't a clue :-). That's why he's shouting; it makes the punters take notice of what they would normally just ignore.

ruff

Reply to
roughplanet

Well I doubt anyone from Weiser Idaho would know the difference. Goodbye to you too.

Reply to
roughplanet

That's nothing, you should have seen the ruckus I spawned in one of the mathematics newsgroups about twelve years ago when I posted about bad calculus classes in college. "How dare you say that proofs are BS".....

Reply to
robert casey