Hardware Puzzle Time

For those who like to reverse engineer boards, see my latest blog and try to
figure out what this board does.
Link below.
Yes, there is a prize.
For those who don't care, move along now, nothing to see here.

Dave.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Looks like Relay logic for outputs and maybe some inputs, clamped inputs
for analog signals, a serial communications to talk/answer to some other
devices. etc..

   Also noticed the rabbit board being used there with most likely a
sizable C code program in it. This looks like a
custom made device for a specific job.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Podcast:http://www.eevblog.com

Wow, is that a dual zamfriston with the optional high and low
opulating weeblefeltzers? Haven't seen one of those in years!

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

I'd say it monitors multiple temperature inputs and switchs alarm
outputs when certain setpoints are exceeded. It uses a multiplexed input.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

On a sunny day (Sun, 11 Oct 2009 10:30:51 +1100) it happened "David L. Jones"

Posted this as reply to that site:

Those are relais (Pickering), and 5832 is serial in multi I/O chip (print heads
/ bulbs / relays? drives the relays?

Could be some of those things to light up a light bulb in quizzes where each
person in the audience has a switch.
Could be a part (master) of a large alarm system.
Could be some other form of light comntroller.
Could be from an UFO in Andromeda that got stranded
on earth 20 years ago.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

heads / bulbs / relays? drives the relays?
person in the audience has a switch.
..could be you are having too much fun making wild guesses?

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Keep it up Dave I find your video blogs entertaining and what
the world needs is people with obvious enthusiasm for what they
do. And if some people think you're like Steve Irwin perhaps
you'll end up with a TV show and a film star income as well/.

--
Regards
Blue

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Just don't try to hump a manta ray.

Cheers!
Rich

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Thanks for the support. I enjoy doing it, and that's the main thing.
I'm actually rather suprised at how fast it's taken off and how popular it's
become already.
Yeah, plenty of detractors out there, but they don't bother me in the least.
At least I'm producing stuff that many people like and find useful.
When challenged to show their stuff, the detractors scurry into their holes
real quick. Rather humerous really!

Dave.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

Usually it's 1% of the people making 99% of the noise. I've found that
about 15% of the population will complain about anything and you'll
never make them happy no matter what you do. They're probably suffering
from clinical depression or something along those lines. If someone
presents a reasonable, logical argument or point then I'll listen to it.

Re: Hardware Puzzle Time

If anyone is interested, here is a long-running "guess the hardware"
blog
Aug 2009 - http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p3D%484
Sep 2009 - http://www.bunniestudios.com/blog/?p3D%519

G.