Hakko 926

History question:
Would anyone happen to know when the venerable Hakko 926 soldering station
was introduced?
Pretty sure it was the 1980's, but no idea of the year.
Anyone?

Thanks
Dave.
Re: Hakko 926

Is that the exploding handheld one?.

Re: Hakko 926

says...

I've had my Hakko 926 since about '85 or '86. It is still going strong
and is possibly the best soldering stations I've ever used. I have made
sure a few years ago to purchase a supply of new tips for the iron
before it becomes impossible to get them.

I also use the Hakko Future Product iron for lighter duty and fine pitch
surface mount soldering. It works great too.

--

Michael Karas
Carousel Design Solutions