h bridge for 12-24 volt motor 10-20 amp

Any australian sources?

Jaycar sales staff didn't even know what a h bridge was.

JC

Reply to
casey

This sort of thing is usually assembled from parts.

Esaiest way is with SPDT relays but may not suit your application.

Jasen Betts

Oakley?

10-20Amps in anything is not something they normally stock.

you would have to go to a stockist of the item that you are building.

Reply to
terryc

Overseas

dmm

Hi

Just a couple of questions for you...

What do you need it to do? ie. do you require overcurrent shutdown, soft start/stop, regen braking, position control etc...... or just a basic h-bridge and you will implement required features yourself?

How many units do you require?

Regards James

Reply to
James

It is a robot base and at the moment I am using two relays for each motor. One to connect and disconnect the motor and the other to reverse the battery polarity. The relays are controlled via a computer. I would like finer control as the base jumps into action and stops with a jerk. I am using a K8055 interface board.

I have a basic understanding of analog and digital electronics and will most likely end up building my own h-bridge using mosfets but thought I should try first for a possible Australian source of a ready built product in case the price was reasonable.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Regards, John

Reply to
casey

It is a robot base and at the moment I am using two relays for each motor. One to connect and disconnect the motor and the other to reverse the battery polarity. The relays are controlled via a computer. I would like finer control as the base jumps into action and stops with a jerk. I am using a K8055 interface board.

I have a basic understanding of analog and digital electronics and will most likely end up building my own h-bridge using mosfets but thought I should try first for a possible Australian source of a ready built product in case the price was reasonable.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.

Regards, John

RS Components have a good range of MOSFET drivers, whch include half-bridge drivers in DIP-8 packages. They can drive N-channel power FETS directly, and allow the top device to be supplied from quite high voltages (up to hundreds IIRC). They also handle the switchover correctly so oyu don't get transient shorts across the rails and consequent transient problems.

I bought a few a while back for a power square wave driver, the pricess were surprisingly reasonable for a small quantity.

Reply to
Noodnik