Grounding TV Antenna? - Page 2

Re: Grounding TV Antenna?

Sorry not to have responded earlier. Have been away on the lecture circuit.
No I have never been an ESE salesman and my connection over the years has
been at the theoretical engineering level. I agree that many lightning
associated sales people feel they are "experts" and can quite see why you
poured the appropriate scorn. Many of your facts are spot on. I differ only
in the concept that at the base of a strike (or the origin if such is the
dominant polarity) there is little energy. Of course there is not
milliseconds *after* the strike. There certainly is before. AFAIK I have
never spoken of a "big noise" or WMD for that matter!