Grid connect question - Page 2

Re: Grid connect question

It is explained above. Had you read the ATO directives(private rulings)?

Re: Grid connect question

No, but I will put it to my accountant at tax time.

Re: Grid connect question

Yes. Also needs a safety inspection.

Yes.

In previous months, depending on state(?) you could earn payment/credits
for any extra you generate. YMMV.

Re: Grid connect question

How do the solar panel grid-tie inverters behave when the section you
are feeding is isolated from the grid (say during a fault)? Do they feed
the fault current? Do they isolate (for safety reasons) until the grid
is reconnected and the inverter re-synchronised?

Re: Grid connect question

"swanny"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grid-tie_inverter#Typical_operation

....  Phil

Re: Grid connect question

They must disconnect within 2 seconds.  They use elaborate means to
detect whether the grid is "real" or not and act accordingly
Look up "anti islanding"

According to a readers letter in last month's silicon chip, 2 methods
used are for the inverter to try and manipulate the voltage or the
frequency of the mains slightly. This won't be possible with the grid,
but will be with other inverters or small generators.

I would also think that even in the absence of the above, the inverter
would make up its own mains waveform by sampling the waveform of the
incoming mains.  If you cut the mains supply at the pole transformer
for a block, and there were a lot of solar inverters on block still on-
line, I would think the inverters (more powerful ones?) would try and
sample each others frequencies, causing them to raipdly "chase" each
other up or down in frequency.  Once the frequency was out of range,
they would all be designed to shut off. ?

Re: Grid connect question

Yes. All this and more is o the various websites.