Greens reject ISP filter

  • From: AAP * August 16, 2010 1:34PM

LABOR'S hopes of getting its internet filter plan through Federal Parliament look destined to fail, with the Australian Greens calling for a PC-based approach.

Greens communications spokesman Senator Scott Ludlam today released the party's cyber safety policy, opposing Labor's mandatory internet service provider (ISP) level filter.

The $40 million policy involves PC-based filtering, further research into cyber safety risks, strengthened law enforcement, and net literacy education.

"The Greens believe Australians need a world-class national broadband network but we don't need the Australian Government looking over our shoulder and filtering what we see," Senator Ludlam said.

"A voluntary filter at the household level would be more effective to protect kids."

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap