Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Bob Brown:
"Why should the shop up the street have to charge GST for its customers but the
shop selling goods out of Tokyo or
California not have to charge GST?"

If it was just the 10% Bob, people would buy locally rather than overseas.
It is the up to 3 times the retail price in some cases, that is the real problem.

How can large retailers give you up to 70% off during the days between Christmas
and the new year. Are they selling at a
loss?

I know there is a whole host of middle men in for their wack also, but they all
have to clean up their act if they wish
to be competitive.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au /
is Australia's number 1 online department store, that picked up how to do it
locally very quickly.
http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/about_us.php
This is what Australian retailers should be aiming for in today's world.

Bob's story at:
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/greens-back-retailers-internet-gst-bid/story-e6frf7ko-1225981757942

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

In that case, they might well be - to shift stuff that wasn't selling.
Better to get something for it than nothing. Also, once people are in a
store in search of a bargain, they can sometimes be sold something else,
either in addition, or instead.

Sylvia.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Fantasy.

Pity about the pre Xmas discounts that were similar.

sold something else, either in

Yes, but they dont sell at a loss most of the time.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Is an inconsistent dick anyway.

We pay the GST not the retailers. The GST is an escalation and not the
tax on the imported price.

10% GST is nothing compared to the profits made by retailers.

The shop prices do not reflect the appreciated dollar value.

Middlemen don't pay any tax.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/greens-back-retailers-internet-gst-bid/story-e6frf7ko-1225981757942

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/greens-back-retailers-internet-gst-bid/story-e6frf7ko-1225981757942
A prime example wtf with the price is my Ford  (an old one) needs a
master cylinder and brake booster replaced Repco and several other
places quoted 245 for the cylinder and 450 for the booster or a cylinder
rebuild kit 150.
  I just ordered a replacement unit from JC Penny in the US , complete
cylinder and booster $127.00 and $137.00 freight here in 4 days and no
tax because I am out of state , I couldn't afford to buy here
  There some economy f scale but seriously the problem is obvious

--

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Just what you'd expect from those terminal fuckwits.

the shop selling goods out of Tokyo or

Because it would cost to much to charge the GST on all small imports, fuckwit.

is the up to 3 times the retail price in

Nope.

Yep.

locally very quickly.
should be aiming for in today's world.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/breaking-news/greens-back-retailers-internet-gst-bid/story-e6frf7ko-1225981757942

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:03:28 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Wrong.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Nope.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid
On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 17:21:41 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Yep.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Greenies are scum. I am amazed that there are morons out there who
vote for them

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Greenies are scum. I am amazed that there are morons out there who
vote for them
**************************************

The green wankers are now the Government by stealth, thank you Labor.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Like hell they are. Those clowns want the govt to charge the
GST on international transactions. The minister has told them
to go and fuck themselves and that it aint gunna happen.

Thanks to the stupid voters, actually.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid
On Tue, 4 Jan 2011 18:57:13 +1100, "Rod Speed"

To do with Australia not being a democracy and forcing people who
normally wouldn't vote. These voters can be bought and are the
"political" target by our political scamers.
The best vote is the blank form as Latham suggests

Petzl
--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

The problem is, it seems QLD no longer has a constitution or is under
the Federal constitution
with this Brigalow Corporation scam that we are hearing about .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v3D%Zd3fH9P8394

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

It does.

It does.

Pure fantasy. And we aint discussing QLD anyway.

Nope.

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

apply the law!
This video has been "hacked" at start but comes right after a few
minutes?

Thanks for that very enlightening particularly following the other
chapters about loss of Constitutional rights being replaced by
"Corporation"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXcYyldfC-4&NR=1

Petzl
--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

It plays ok here. There is  bit of music at the beginning, and
momentarily stills of beattie and bligh then an intro graphic before
the lecture starts at 0.58.

Another thing I was told by friend who saw this video and sent is is
interesting :

Go to the news.com.au website, it covers the major newspapers in
Australia, courier mail, sydney morning herald, herald-sun etc,

1> do a site search for "brigalow corporation" - you will find zero
results
2> go to the couriermail.com.au website, (QLD main newspaper) . You
probably could try it in your state newspaper if not in QLD, but it
might not appear as it is not relevant interstate ?

3> Find an article that accepts reader comments and make a general but
relevant comment about any subject other than brigalow (you can just
make up an email address, but something that is likely to actually
exist such as snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if you want to not risk spam etc).  As
long as it is a current article and there are recent reader comments
made within the last hour or so, your comment will probably have about
a 70-80% chance of appearing on the site.

4> Find a relevant article, probably one about QLD state matters that
accepts reader comments and post a reader comment that includes the
word "brigalow corporation" or a link to that you tube video link
above. You can try it over and over, try different names and email
addys You will find that it never gets into the comments.

5> Try the same in yahoo news (Australia) in a relevant QLD state
issue article.  same result.

This was tried by friends who sent this link, on 10 different
computers - using real emails that won't bounce, at different IP's.
Other comments had a very good chance of going on the board, but
brigalow related ones were censored every time.

I tried this same thing myself on home and work computer with the same
result.  Try if you want and tell me if you have any luck.

If this situation has any basis in fact, we have a very very serious
issue here, that few seem to know about.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

here,

Nope, they have just decided that they dont want their systems clogged with
brigalow shit.

You're welcome to discuss that stuff elsewhere.

No one cares about what murdoch's shit rags choose to allow comments wise.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

If you look at some of the stories on there, many comments are total
shit, irrelevant, abusive and out of line
and they are published.

and no, I don't particularly care what the mainstream media prints in
most cases its biased and propaganda.
Im only passing on what was sent to me and making an observation.

If you don't like my comments, feel free not to read them.
Please also feel free to go to the other posts on this aus.electronics
group  "hot bikini jungle videos" and "hot for teenage guys" and also
tell them to discuss their shit elsewhere.

Re: Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Don't mind Rod he is often offensive that is his "style"
However he is knowledgeable and often annoyingly helpful
Known him or his pseudo since last millennium
Might pay to start an appropriate thread for aus.politics,aus.legal
and whatever. More likely target a group who can help
I'm reading this in aus.politics

Petzl
--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!

Site Timeline