Greens back retailers' internet GST bid

Bob Brown: "Why should the shop up the street have to charge GST for its customers but the shop selling goods out of Tokyo or California not have to charge GST?"

If it was just the 10% Bob, people would buy locally rather than overseas. It is the up to 3 times the retail price in some cases, that is the real problem.

How can large retailers give you up to 70% off during the days between Christmas and the new year. Are they selling at a loss?

I know there is a whole host of middle men in for their wack also, but they all have to clean up their act if they wish to be competitive.

is Australia's number 1 online department store, that picked up how to do it locally very quickly.
This is what Australian retailers should be aiming for in today's world.

Bob's story at:

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

In that case, they might well be - to shift stuff that wasn't selling. Better to get something for it than nothing. Also, once people are in a store in search of a bargain, they can sometimes be sold something else, either in addition, or instead.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Is an inconsistent dick anyway.

We pay the GST not the retailers. The GST is an escalation and not the tax on the imported price.

10% GST is nothing compared to the profits made by retailers.

The shop prices do not reflect the appreciated dollar value.

Middlemen don't pay any tax.

Rob

A prime example wtf with the price is my Ford (an old one) needs a master cylinder and brake booster replaced Repco and several other places quoted 245 for the cylinder and 450 for the booster or a cylinder rebuild kit 150. I just ordered a replacement unit from JC Penny in the US , complete cylinder and booster $127.00 and $137.00 freight here in 4 days and no tax because I am out of state , I couldn't afford to buy here There some economy f scale but seriously the problem is obvious

--
Reply to
atec77

Just what you'd expect from those terminal fuckwits.

the shop selling goods out of Tokyo or

Because it would cost to much to charge the GST on all small imports, f****it.

is the up to 3 times the retail price in

Nope.

Yep.

locally very quickly.

should be aiming for in today's world.

Rod Speed

Sylvia Else wrote

Fantasy.

Pity about the pre Xmas discounts that were similar.

sold something else, either in

Yes, but they dont sell at a loss most of the time.

Reply to
Rod Speed

ut the shop selling goods out of Tokyo or

.

problem.

ristmas and the new year. Are they selling at a

ey all have to clean up their act if they wish

it locally very quickly.http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/about_us.php

-retailers-...

Greenies are scum. I am amazed that there are morons out there who vote for them

Reply to
kreed

Greenies are scum. I am amazed that there are morons out there who vote for them

**************************************

The green wankers are now the Government by stealth, thank you Labor.

Reply to
Sunny

Like hell they are. Those clowns want the govt to charge the GST on international transactions. The minister has told them to go and f*ck themselves and that it aint gunna happen.

Thanks to the stupid voters, actually.

Reply to
Rod Speed

To do with Australia not being a democracy and forcing people who normally wouldn't vote. These voters can be bought and are the "political" target by our political scamers. The best vote is the blank form as Latham suggests

Petzl

--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!

t apply the law!

The problem is, it seems QLD no longer has a constitution or is under the Federal constitution with this Brigalow Corporation scam that we are hearing about .

kreed

typical of the political opportunism of Bob Brown. Bob really lusts for power - when is he due for retirement?

Reply to
z1

kreed wrote

It does.

It does.

Pure fantasy. And we aint discussing QLD anyway.

Nope.

Just another completely mindless steaming turd.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Whenever he feels like it, like with all pollys.

Reply to
Rod Speed

apply the law!

This video has been "hacked" at start but comes right after a few minutes?

Thanks for that very enlightening particularly following the other chapters about loss of Constitutional rights being replaced by "Corporation"

Petzl

--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!
Reply to
Petzl

the shop selling goods out of Tokyo or

problem.

Christmas and the new year. Are they selling at a

all have to clean up their act if they wish

locally very quickly.

The big retailers had their chance to oppose the GST, yet they backed it because they saw it knocking off small competitors. Now they are bleating about it.

Benway (original non-Zionist)

must apply the law!

It plays ok here. There is bit of music at the beginning, and momentarily stills of beattie and bligh then an intro graphic before the lecture starts at 0.58.

t apply the law!

Another thing I was told by friend who saw this video and sent is is interesting :

Go to the news.com.au website, it covers the major newspapers in Australia, courier mail, sydney morning herald, herald-sun etc,

1> do a site search for "brigalow corporation" - you will find zero results 2> go to the couriermail.com.au website, (QLD main newspaper) . You probably could try it in your state newspaper if not in QLD, but it might not appear as it is not relevant interstate ? 3> Find an article that accepts reader comments and make a general but relevant comment about any subject other than brigalow (you can just make up an email address, but something that is likely to actually exist such as snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com if you want to not risk spam etc). As long as it is a current article and there are recent reader comments made within the last hour or so, your comment will probably have about a 70-80% chance of appearing on the site. 4> Find a relevant article, probably one about QLD state matters that accepts reader comments and post a reader comment that includes the word "brigalow corporation" or a link to that you tube video link above. You can try it over and over, try different names and email addys You will find that it never gets into the comments. 5> Try the same in yahoo news (Australia) in a relevant QLD state issue article. same result.

This was tried by friends who sent this link, on 10 different computers - using real emails that won't bounce, at different IP's. Other comments had a very good chance of going on the board, but brigalow related ones were censored every time.

I tried this same thing myself on home and work computer with the same result. Try if you want and tell me if you have any luck.

If this situation has any basis in fact, we have a very very serious issue here, that few seem to know about.

Reply to
kreed

here,

Nope, they have just decided that they dont want their systems clogged with brigalow shit.

You're welcome to discuss that stuff elsewhere.

No one cares about what murdoch's shit rags choose to allow comments wise.

Reply to
Rod Speed

apply the law!

Maybe just an amateur upload?

Watched all four videos, although main research is concentrating Queensland state, "Sue Maynes" the speaker in video did look at other states and found they are probably at least as bad as Queensland, the rest are worse

googled "brigalow corporation"

"Sue Maynes" the speaker in video, gives

Comes up with many websites but no Main group, a lot of "political wannabies" touting their own and dividing the message/point.

It needs a unity to push/unite it, like Pauline Hanson type may do it.

Most Australians (at least in this group) do not care and are to wrapped with the political duopoly that is behind it. Australia's compulsory voting are manipulating this to guarantee no third party and will continue to destroy the constitution as they continue.

Petzl

--
Australia's parliament needs to obey our Constitutions, the judiciary must apply
the law!
Reply to
Petzl

sue here,

th brigalow shit.

.

If you look at some of the stories on there, many comments are total shit, irrelevant, abusive and out of line and they are published.

and no, I don't particularly care what the mainstream media prints in most cases its biased and propaganda. Im only passing on what was sent to me and making an observation.

If you don't like my comments, feel free not to read them. Please also feel free to go to the other posts on this aus.electronics group "hot bikini jungle videos" and "hot for teenage guys" and also tell them to discuss their shit elsewhere.

Reply to
kreed