GPS+GPRS chip

Hi guys,

I need to make a device or just a circuit which consists of a push
button and other required circuitry. The aim is that when the push
button is pressed, the device records its current location (lat and
long) and sends it off in an email. How feasible is this? I was
thinking the circuit will require some sort of GPS chip, a SIM card
and a microprocessor as the controller. Could you please give any
advice or links to help me get started?

Cheers.

Re: GPS+GPRS chip

Uni project time?

Yes, it's feasible and pretty easy these days. Combined GPS and GSM
modules exist.
Google is your friend, I got these:
http://microcontrollershop.com/product_info.php?products_id27%48
http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/product_info.php?products_id79%17

Dave.

Re: GPS+GPRS chip
I have a device called gpsguider (for fixed cameras)if you press a
button on it it will give you coordinates but you would have to send
them manually or hack into it.

Re: GPS+GPRS chip

Thanks, that's the sort of thing I need. Does cost a fair bit, doesn't
it? I'll check out Jaycar and Altronics too.

Haha no, I just passed that hurdle. This is at work although it feels
somewhat the same.

Site Timeline