GPS antennae ...

Commlinx were the Aust agents for Laipac and offered a fairly decent magnetic
active (5V) patch antenna with MCX/OCX or SMA connector at a reasonable price.
However since that site was taken over by Laipac, the only options appear to be
to pay double to some other sources or order direct from Laipac and pay a
ridiculous ($US35) shipping/handling charge.

Anyone know of another source for these for <$A50?

Re: GPS antennae ...

I bought the Laipac 5V active antenna approx 2 years ago for use with a
Garmin 38.  I made a re-transmitter with the info from here:
http://www.cs.ubc.ca/~davem/gps/ext_ant_summary.txt

Worked rather well giving me an 8 satellite lockup, (something I'd
never had before on the GPS38).

However, I have since upgraded my GPS, (Geko201), and no longer require
the Laipac unit.

Are you interested in buying it?

Dave

Re: GPS antennae ...

be

Quite possibly.  What connector is on the end?  My GPR Rx has MCX.  What I would
have been sourcing from Commlinx was an ant with an SMA, and an adaptor lead SMA
bulkhead to MCX as I want the Rx boxed up and with a bulkhead SMA for the ant
system.

Re: GPS antennae ...

be
would
SMA

Sorry, should have said.  It's an SMA, I used one of their SMA/BNC
adapters with it.

Dave

Re: GPS antennae ...

i ordered an active antenna on ebay from the states total price around $42aus

Re: GPS antennae ...

http://www.stepgps.com/index.htm

Don't know about price though

Alan

Jenal Communications
Re: GPS antennae ...

Being Trimble, it'll probably be like the Garmin bits.  Think of a number,
double it, add ....

But thanks.

Re: GPS antennae ...

http://www.stepgps.com/products/trimble/lassenIQ.htm

Back in April I paid

The 45336-00 Unpackaged antenna  A$34.00 + GST
The 39265-50 Antenna  A$45.00 + GST
The 47274 Transition  A$12.00 + GST

Alex

Re: GPS antennae ...

Tried http://www.stepgps.com/ ?
These guys have  good prompt service.

Down in Bayswater Victoria

Seem to be Trimble only but  may have one that suits the Laipac.

sparkfun.com has antennas for the Laipac TF30 from US$20
<http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart40%1727&cat64%&>
shipping isn't to bad , US$15 on my last order from them

Alex

Re: GPS antennae ...

why bother with rhe antenna
http://www.glyn.co.nz/html/news_2005.html#Fastrax

Re: GPS antennae ...

I could answer that two ways.

Because the Rx I have needs one.

Because the item you referenced doesn't do what my Rx does.

Site Timeline