GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

Hi, all

I am after couple of embedded GPS modules, embedded GSM modules (modem and
SMS ability required) and antennas for both.

Those are for prototype projects and I need a local supplier who is willing
to sell couple of them at reasonable price. Farmell and RS are likely to
have them, but they are way too expensive and i will need to find a local
supplier anyway for a quantity if projects take off.

Ideally, I'd love to get PCB mounted ones.

Thanks,
Rudolf

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

We use this device: http://intercel.com.au/index.php?page=intercel-sam

Peter

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

Thanks, Peter.

Rudolf

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

Rockby had some GSM modules a while back for around $50...you might want to
have a look at them. Or do you want something you know you can obtain the
same of at a later date for production?

GPS modules occasionally turn up on ebay but same story, getting the same
ones at a later date could be a problem.

James

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

GPS modules for $44 buy it now on Ebay located in Brisbane $5 postage.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/TRIMBLE-39263-00-PRO-GPS-MODULE-SUIT-EXPERIMENTER_W0QQitemZ300116138532QQihZ020QQcategoryZ109905QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

James

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

Hi, James,

Yes, I need something with a view to get more for production.

Rudolf

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

http://intercel.com.au/ IIRC down to ~$100in dozens

Look at the Telit modules - Oz supplier is www.glyn.com.au
Try to get module with integrated SIM holder & antenna connector rather than
solder pads.

Re: GPS and GSM modules -- where to get?

*** Reader offer : Win this product ***
Three Compact GPRS GPS Developer Packages to Give Away
win a fast-track positioning solution bundled with access to the
track4free server
http://www.epn-online.com/page/42115/three-compact-gprs-gps-developer-packages-to-give-away-win-a-fast-track-positioning-solution-bundled-with-access-to-the-track4free-server.html

With a little luck you can win one. The starter kits supports www.track4free.com
based on Google Maps. Round Solutions  runs the worldwide biggest user
forum for GSM / GPS modules. The community do have more then 3500
users.
Best regards
Meff
www.gsm-modem.de