Government snooping

Looks like the government thinks everyone's guilty of something.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/govt-wants-isps-to-record-browsing-history-339303785.htm

http://www.zdnet.com.au/data-retention-idea-totally-insane-linton-339303829.htm

Bring on the election.

Re: Government snooping

http://www.zdnet.com.au/govt-wants-isps-to-record-browsing-history-339303785.htm
http://www.zdnet.com.au/data-retention-idea-totally-insane-linton-339303829.htm

"There has been some preliminary discussions with the Attorney-General's
Department about a proposal for a data retention regime in Australia,
but I think those discussions are at a very early stage," Coroneos said.
He said the IIA hadn't "seen any firm proposals yet from the government".

"It's more along the lines of [the Attorney-General's Department asking]
'What do you see the issues of being if we were to move to a position
similar to the EU'," he said.

Sounds like a beatup to me, and as for John Linton, he is a total
areshole anyway.

Site Timeline