Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA - Page 2

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

The issues raised with this subliminal insult reach far further than
just denying someone the right to post in this public forum. They head
towards vilification of another poster so you might enjoy what you seek
to deny Sylvia.

By suggesting on one hand that a long standing regular here should be
ignored so that you can enjoy the facility you seek to deny her is an
attempt to force your ideas on others. An attitude hardly likely to win
you any followers.

Live and let live. You might find more people will consider your posts
as 'useful' if you did. Right now I'd be inclined to see you as a
newsgroup vandal rather than a worthwhile contributor. Activity like
yours is what has degraded newsgroups in general to a level as close to
the gutter as it can get.

HH

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA
  oh ggf
  don't like it plonk me  as I will you in a second
  bullshite
  You might find more people will consider your posts

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

In at least some jurisdictions that's true as far as civil proceedings
go. But for criminal proceedings in Western Australia, it's expressly
contradicted:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/wa/consol_act/cpa2004188/s152.html

"(1) A corporation may appoint an individual, who need not be a legal
practitioner, to be its representative in proceedings before the court."

Sylvia.

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

That is the advantage of having amains powered one. Takes some disarming
and the tenant is going to have to come up with a good story o get their
arse out of the sling.

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

The regulation could be construed as requiring that the owner check from
time to time that the tenant hasn't disconnected it.

Sylvia.

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

Contributory negligence. End of story.
Any other claim is just make work from legal parasites.

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

No such animal in the criminal law.

Quite so.  But quite wrong.

No doubt.

Re: Government requirements for RCD & smoke alarm testing, WA

Looks as if you are required to install them:

http://www.commerce.wa.gov.au/consumerprotection/PDF/Factsheets/FESA_smoke_alarm_fact_sheet_rental_properties.pdf

With a possible fine up to $5,000.00

--
Sell your surplus electronic components at http://ozcomponents.com
Search or browse for that IC, capacitor,

I had an electrician install some GPOs, lights and a ELCBR for the lights at
our place this week. When giving us the sign off certificate he told us he
was supposed to do a full inspection of the premises electrical installation
and safety test (in addition to the earth leakage test he did on the new
GPOs/Lights).

I was hurrying him up and basically tossed him out as I needed to go out
myself.

Is this true or was he scouting for some more work??

Re: Now changed to: mandated testing...

Definitely not true. Report him.

Sylvia.

Re: Now changed to: mandated testing...

Not worth reporting him, it'd be my word against his & he likely suggest I'd
misunderstood. Nice to know its not a requirement.

Site Timeline