Google street view hitting OZ again this month

"In a posting on Google's blog, product manager Andrew Foster said the company was sending its Street View fleet of Holden Astras back on the road to ensure its panoramic imagery was up to date and reflective of what you would see if you visited an area in person.

"Starting from [this month] in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra, Adelaide, Perth and parts of Tasmania, we'll be doing our best to cover as many of Australia's public roads as we can during this summer," he wrote."

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Thank goodness, my place was under construction at the time, looks like a mud pit. Maybe I should hang an EEVblog sign out the front!

Dave.

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
David L. Jones

Bugger! I'll need to get the front garden cleaned up then ;-)

Reply to
who where

two google vehicles seen in Katherine NT on Monday. This is an area previously well covered last year, so I think they are going to be an ongoing thing.

I guess one day it may very well be: "Tomorrow, the World", when you check the coverage in Europe, and other regions now.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I'll have to move my wheelie bins outa the front yard.

Reply to
TacAN

Time to get a big bit of cardboard, get an windows error message printed up on it and leave it in the front yard all month.

Reply to
John

Argleton: the phantom town that Google created

Tom

Presumably they won't get much of FNQ due to floods and cyclones. :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
ppnerkDELETE@THISyahoo.com.INVALID
Reply to

If it`s google-earth you wankas are going on about...it`s a 2year-old footage+ (not live) So stop waving at those sattellites overhead. ;)

Reply to
.

Full Stop they are not waving, that is the propellor on the cap.

Reply to
SG1

Pity there is not a schedule - for if there was I could at least put a "Google go home" sign out the front.

Reply to
GT Hog

[snip]

But it's *not* Google Earth, as you would have understood if you could read AND comprehend.

Cheers, Phred.