Google street view hitting OZ again this month

"In a posting on Google's blog, product manager Andrew Foster said the
company was sending its Street View fleet of Holden Astras back on the
road to ensure its panoramic imagery was up to date and reflective of
what you would see if you visited an area in person.

"Starting from [this month] in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Canberra,
Adelaide, Perth and parts of Tasmania, we'll be doing our best to cover
as many of Australia's public roads as we can during this summer," he
wrote."

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

Thank goodness, my place was under construction at the time, looks like a
mud pit.
Maybe I should hang an EEVblog sign out the front!

Dave.

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

Bugger!  I'll need to get the front garden cleaned up then ;-)

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

two google vehicles seen in Katherine NT on Monday. This is an area
previously well covered last year, so I think they are going to be an
ongoing thing.

I guess one day it may very well be: "Tomorrow, the World", when you
check the coverage in Europe, and other regions now.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

I'll have to move my wheelie bins outa the front yard.

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

Time to get a big bit of cardboard, get an windows error message printed up
on it and leave it in the front yard all month.

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

Argleton: the phantom town that Google created

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/argleton-the-phantom-town-that-google-created-20091104-hwfh.html

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

Presumably they won't get much of FNQ due to floods and cyclones. :-)

Cheers, Phred.

--
snipped-for-privacy@THISyahoo.com.INVALID

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

If it`s google-earth you wankas are going
on about...it`s a 2year-old footage+ (not live)
So stop waving at those sattellites overhead. ;)

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

Full Stop they are not waving, that is the propellor on the cap.

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month
[snip]

But it's *not* Google Earth, as you would have understood if you could read AND
comprehend.

Cheers, Phred.

--
snipped-for-privacy@THISyahoo.com.INVALID

Re: Google street view hitting OZ again this month

<http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/google-hits-the-streets-for-a-better-view-20091102-hsjx.html

Pity there is not a schedule - for if there was I could at least put a
"Google go home" sign out the front.

Site Timeline