google maps street view

Where? Is this one of the tolulene added merchants.

Reply to
terryc

That was my complaint.

1) i could have mown the lawn, 2) I could have cleaned the leaves out of the gutter 3) I could have sold adverytising space on the trailer top 2x3m. 4) I could have added the anchor chain and calf collar to the dog kennel*.

  • I have a kennel for a large dog in the front yard, which is clearly visible from the street. Ireally need to add a long chain and big collar, with a sign "Warning, dog can drag kennel when adgitated" {:-).

Reply to
terryc

Near Frenchs Forest. Caltex I think.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I need a new roof on my garage. It is 30 feet * 40 feet, and I am thinking about painting 'John 3:16' to see if it shows up in the next update. Also, I am in the path to a major airport, and over 100 planes a week will fly right over it. There are probably more, too high to hear. I bet it would cause a lot of comments. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Worth a try, although your local council might want to ping you for a fee*.

8 A Local hairdresser had a design painted onto the roller shutters they had installed to protect their windoes from vandals when the business was closed. Our local council called it unauthorised signage, wanted them to reove it and then apply for planning permission. i think it became another issue that our council lost in court and ratepayers in rates going to line legal peoples pockets.
Reply to
terryc

I live in the US, and in an unincorperated area, so there is noone to complain to. They wouldn't be able to see it from the ground, it's a flat roof.

Here is an areal view they took about 18 months ago. Two buildings are completly hidden by trees.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Probably safe, at least for a while. Over here, certain places are flown regularly (yearly) by the aerial photographers to produce images for use by surveyors. Many authorities use those photographs for different purposes, so they'd be the first to see it. No idea about updating on satllite images, although based on new and old images here, you probably have a couple of decade before it becomes public knowledge(appears on google).

Reply to
terryc

Being a former broadcast engineer, I would call one of the TV stations I worked at, and complain that my religious freedom was being challenged. It is a 5 MW EIRP Christian TV station, with a 1749 FAAT (Feet Above Average Terrain) antenna. They can be received in almost half the state of Florida. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Notice to all employees:

In our continuing effort to conform to political correctness, we must
insist that all employees call a spade a shovel.

That is all.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

and for your viewing pleasure:

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

pleasure:

Thanks Don. Lots of memories there - Woz Way, HP garage, Vegas, San Fran, Hollywood - almost like being there again.

Is Google street view the new corporate time waster I wonder? Everyone went berko with Google Earth.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

pleasure:

The HP garage is interesting. I can't get the shot shown in your link here:

Most likely due to an update.

Most curiously though, if you move one "frame" past the garage you can clearly see the shots were taken at different times (different parked cars etc).

I expected that on full streets maybe, but not half way down a street.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Just tried it now Dave, it is working.

Wonder how much it costs to reverse renovation? Pin money for HP of course.

It sure is different.

I examined the shots of a friends house, and his wife is hand bucketing water onto the plants. She is in 3 shots, and by the pace she is walking at, I figure the "google goggo gadget" (AKA GGG) :-) is moving at a very slow pace, and vehicles traveling at local speed limits would flash past between shots. That's my best bet.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

No, I'll have to take that back Dave. Forgot they drive on the right hand side, so they must be parked, and after spinning through 360, of course you can see that they are. Google Guys did an extra Goggle?

Time wasting? Why who looks at Google Street view?

d:-)

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

OK, just one more: