Google Groups Rating System

I just notice Google Groups now has a "rating" system for usenet posts.
You can rate each post from 1 to 5 stars and (presumably) the average
for the thread shows up in the listing.
Cool. Give your faourite posters the thumbs up and your not so
favourite ones the thumbs down!

Dave :)

Re: Google Groups Rating System

@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

 Who uses google groups?

 (I'll answer that: Noobs who don't understand usenet, and who
think that "The Internet" is "The Web".)

GB

Re: Google Groups Rating System

Web based groups (and email) is very handy for those who often use
multiple machines.
I used to use a proper newsreader program and an email client but have
now switched entirely to web based and have never looked back. I can
freely move to any machine and have everything available.
Not as versatile in feature set as dedicated programs, but good enough,
and ohh so handy.

Dave :)

Re: Google Groups Rating System

**  Might as well go about wearing a hat with a propeller on top -  as post
on usenet with "gmail" and "googlegroups" in the header.

Then Dave probably does.

.......   Phil

Re: Google Groups Rating System

And your simpler and easier solution to running groups and email on
multiple machines in any location is?...

I use gmail as my usenet email contact now to avoid spam (and I get
almost none on that account, so gmail works well to avoid usenet spam).
My regular email runs on my own web server. I used to use an email
client but found it annoying that I couldn't access the inbox from
another machine, so now just leave it all on my web mail server. Nice
and convienient, can be accessed from anywhere.

Dave :)

Re: Google Groups Rating System

**  Might as well go about wearing a hat with a propeller on top -  as post
 on usenet with "gmail" and "googlegroups" in the header.

Then as dopey fuckwit like Dave probably does.

He needs the propeller for everything that goes right over his pointy head.

.......  Phil

Robin Williams said it best:
http://161.58.5.90/vietnam/bj.wav

Dave :)

Re: Google Groups Rating System

post
head.

A propellor on a hat is one thing, a prepuce for a forehead is something
else.

Re: Google Groups Rating System

On Sat, 11 Feb 2006 15:49:00 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Yawn.... Starting to sound like Rod Speed now.

Re: Google Groups Rating System

"The Real Andy"

 ** Shame Andy has run out of public toilets to troll.

 Maybe he will stalk the ones at the local Brisbane primary next.

 Be more his intellectual level.

........  Phil

Re: Google Groups Rating System

Yep, he sure is.  Cut 'n' pasting the same inane drivel from thread to
thread and group to group.
All the hallmarks of his bum buddy Roddly Doddly.....

Re: Google Groups Rating System

P M Allison
7/19 Prospect Rd
Summer Hill
Ph: 02 9799 8242

Re: Google Groups Rating System

Got him!  Oh our little bipolar toaster molester won't sleep
well at night now.  Just think every knock on the door will
make him crap in his nappy!

I am soooooooooo pleased.

Mmmmmm.......... looks like #7 wont be a lucky number for
some any more eh?

Cheers TT

Re: Google Groups Rating System

Have you given any thought to the possibility it might not be PA's address?

Re: Google Groups Rating System

sleep
will
be PA's address?

Only the actual flat number needs to be confirmed.  The rest
is accurate.  Anyone from Sydney want to knock on the door
and find out?

Cheers TT

Re: Google Groups Rating System

Can't knock on his door as there is security door at both entrances.

Re: Google Groups Rating System

for
not
rest
door
entrances.
Well why not rattle his garage door (furtherest on left) and
see if he comes running out.  He just may think someone is
after some of his antique lo-fi or a toaster ;-)

BTW he has all of a sudden gone very, very quite.  Probably
out seeing if his old flat in Lackey street is vacant again
;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Google Groups Rating System

I will be there on business shortly at Miranda , I guess I might go for
a little drive

Re: Google Groups Rating System

for
not
rest
door
might go for

It's the red brick block of flats straight over the road
from the Catholic Church.  BTW WES components is at the top
of the street so you may see him walking (he doesn't have a
car or license) home with a new toaster element ;-)

Cheers TT

Re: Google Groups Rating System

You got it right there...

Site Timeline