google groups killfile option ?

Currently have been using Google Groups for the past 1.5 years, and
wondering if there is any kill-file settings on it
With all these crap posts (massive prong etc) recently, its getting to
be desparately needed

I would use Agent, but I havent been able to get it to work with my
current ISP.

Re: google groups killfile option ?

   I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird which is free and works pretty well, if
that's of any help.

Re: google groups killfile option ?

"kreed"

** I have about 400 names in the "blocks senders" list in OE  -  but that is
still not nearly enough as the spamming scumbags use multiple variations on
their names.

"aus.legal" has been invaded with crossposted OT material -  to the point
where it is now choked and unusable.

......  Phil

Re: google groups killfile option ?

The blocked senders list does little to stop the dickheads who change their
name on a daily basis. I wish OE had just slightly more sophisticated news
filters that allowed you to block posts with an excessive number of
crossposts, or included crossposts to specific groups such as kooks.

Re: google groups killfile option ?

    They usually leave some part of their name unchanged. I had a fair
amount of success setting up Thunderbird to delete if the sender name
contained "massive", "demon", "prince", "secretary", "prong" etc which
would almost never appear in a genuine poster's name.
    I agree that it would be great if there were filters which triggered
if something was crossposted to a specific group. It'd make it really easy.

Site Timeline