google groups killfile option ?

Currently have been using Google Groups for the past 1.5 years, and wondering if there is any kill-file settings on it With all these crap posts (massive prong etc) recently, its getting to be desparately needed

I would use Agent, but I havent been able to get it to work with my current ISP.

Reply to
kreed

I'm using Mozilla Thunderbird which is free and works pretty well, if that's of any help.

Reply to
Bob Parker

"kreed"

** I have about 400 names in the "blocks senders" list in OE - but that is still not nearly enough as the spamming scumbags use multiple variations on their names.

"aus.legal" has been invaded with crossposted OT material - to the point where it is now choked and unusable.

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

The blocked senders list does little to stop the dickheads who change their name on a daily basis. I wish OE had just slightly more sophisticated news filters that allowed you to block posts with an excessive number of crossposts, or included crossposts to specific groups such as kooks.

Reply to
Poxy

They usually leave some part of their name unchanged. I had a fair amount of success setting up Thunderbird to delete if the sender name contained "massive", "demon", "prince", "secretary", "prong" etc which would almost never appear in a genuine poster's name. I agree that it would be great if there were filters which triggered if something was crossposted to a specific group. It'd make it really easy.

Reply to
Bob Parker