Google changed dramatically?

Spoke to soon, google still acting strange

Reply to
F Murtz

^Tems^ wrote

either Aust or for the whole web.

Just noticed that there is no obvious way to turn off google automatically sorting stuff by australian hits now.

Wanted to check on the detail of supermarket unit pricing in the US and see if it was ever legally mandated or whether it was always entirely voluntary and even going to google.com directly or using the google.com link on the main simple search page doesnt help, you still get the australian hits at the top.

Nothing in the new tools strip on the left thats of any use either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

In firefox try Tools -> private Browsing. If that does work it is the cookies so try clear history (everything)

Reply to
SolomonW

It seem to be settled down now.In the middle of that trouble I kept getting a virus that kept putting up a popup, windows internet security that wanted to me to install something that costs money to remove the rubbish they infected me with. I seem to have fixed that and now both troubles seem to have subsided. Touch wood.(I ran lots of free well known detector plus removal software and some specific tricks for the virus which seem to have fixed my troubles.)

Reply to
F Murtz