Good datasheet collection

Hi, In case you don't already know about it, there's a big collection of datasheets available for download at

They claim to have 1.5 million devices on record. I tested it by asking for the old TBA750 Philips TV sound chip. It was there and I downloaded it successfully, though the download was kind-of slow. :)

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Funny, I was just there for something they don't have. It happens, and it was for a Sony so . . . . . . . .

However that is one of the best online sources for datasheets. If they don't have it good luck. While bdent might have it, it's rare if datasheet doesn't have it, but it has happened.

Just wait till I scan my old spec manual from 20 years ago ! The problem is that it is small text and will need to be scanned in about

300 DPI, and there are ALOT of pages.

I'll see if my OCR program can handle it, but most likely it will be JPGs. Now to find a place to host all that.

Actually for that a P2P network might be best. These are not going to be small files.

Perhaps I'll scan a page and upload it so you know what I mean, also it looks like a DOS batch file printed a database, all caps and dissipation for example might say 170.000 W. On a power transistor do we need to know the rating to the thousandth of a watt ?

Nonetheless I think it would be a good resource for those fixing old stuff. One of these days. I do seriously intend to do it when I get the time.

JURB

Reply to
ZZactly

Hi Bob, I hope things are going well in Oz.

Thanks for the great archive. There were some good datasheet sites about 6 years ago that are now expensive subscription only sites.

Cheers WB ...............

Wild Bill

I've found

the singularly most useful data sheet archive, but it's always good to know of another.

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

Hi again Bill! Yeh, things aren't too bad Down Under. :) I hope they're going well for you "up" there too. I was going to mention Free Trade Zone and how their data sheets went from free to having to pay for old ones to having to pay for everything. It's nice to know that there are still some sites where you can get stuff for free. I don't mind the advertising and I might even follow the links, as long as I get that data sheet which will let me fix or design something. :)

Cheers, Bob

"Wild Bill" wrote:

Reply to
Bob Parker

I use MC-5800 to test datasheet websites. So far, not one has had a datasheet for this RF hybrid made by NEC. When i do a Google search I find my website, and parts for vending machines.

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I have these as well,

Bob

Reply to
Eric

On Thu, 05 May 2005 00:38:55 +1000, Bob Parker put finger to keyboard and composed:

If the manufacturer of the device didn't have a datasheet, I'd be loathe to design with it.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

So would I.

Bob Parker

Franc Zabkar wrote:

Reply to
Bob Parker

Don't use JPG for text! JPG is designed for photos and blurs the edges of sharp lines such as text, or schematics. A GIF will be smaller and look much better. Andy Cuffe

snipped-for-privacy@psu.edu

Reply to
Andy Cuffe

Use Tiffs with LZW compression. Most OCR programs can handle those. Abby Fine Reader is quite good.

NSM