give away marantz cd 44

Hello everyone. If you are in Melbourne you can have Marantz CD 44 for
Del will cost you $5 by courier in Metro area. Otherwise you can pick
Anyone else wanting outside of Melb. bad luck, unless you want to pay
And thats going to be a lot. It weighs a ton.

I got this dumb thing brand new a life time ago. It worked for 4 days
and then started to
play up. I put it away and never saw it again until 2 weeks ago, I was
going to sell it on
EBay for $10. But its not work the trouble. FREE TO ANYONE.
I dont know if i should put my mobile number on this or not. May be
Please email direct and not via this group. I was lucky once how to
figure out how to place a message.

OK cheers

Re: give away marantz cd 44

Yeah I've got one of them too...anyone wanna try to make one good one of the
two? Who knows, someone might think it's worth something because its old,
marantz and as heavy as three

Re: give away marantz cd 44

On Fri, 22 Jun 2007 16:48:25 -0700, put finger to
keyboard and composed:

FWIW, I have the service manual for the Philips CD104. It is
equivalent to the Marantz CD44A. IIRC, a common problem with this
model is poor soldering at the ground interconnects between the top
and bottom layers of the PCB. I love the voice coil servo, BTW.

- Franc Zabkar