get him kicked off

any chance  we can get phil  kicked off this group ? since he`s just a
tosser and knows  NOTHING ABOUT AUDIO  OR ELECTRONICS?

Re: get him kicked off

He knows more than most. He is just a fool to himself and downright rude to
others. Don't let it worry you.......

Re: get him kicked off

Totally impossible to kick someone off an unmoderated Usenet group.

Sylvia.

Re: get him kicked off
Besides, if we kick off tossers I think the OP would be higher on the
list !!

Rheilly P

Re: get him kicked off

Much higher

Re: get him kicked off

He can be very helpful at times, we have all copped some abuse from
him, you get used to it after a few years.

You can't kick someone off Usenet that I know of. You can block them
if you use Agent or similar though.

Re: get him kicked off

Re: get him kicked off

Find the terms of use from his ISP. See if he has breached them in a
serious way (just one or two 4 letter words and a name calling is
nothing to complain about) and contact them with examples. If thye
refuse to act contact the TIO about the ISP enabling this abuse
(basically you need a string of serious abuse, threats or an attempt of
cyber stalking that you did not provoke and preferably did not retaliate
to).

I don't think you have enough to qualify and in any case this time you
could cut him some slack.

Re: get him kicked off
way (just one or two 4 letter words and a
thye refuse to act contact the TIO about
threats or an attempt of cyber stalking that
cut him some slack.

For a man with so much knowledge and the ability to help people, Phil is only
harming himself with his abusive responses.

You can ban users, regardless of what others say, but you have to be prepared to
do something positive, and act together
as a small group.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~rutlidge/alanindex.html
His ISP can check messages and dates, if there are enough complaints, he can be
banned, and he will either have to
justify his actions, or find another ISP.

Me, I have learnt to ignore his negatives, and accept his positives.

I actually hate, (yes more than Phil's postings), people that top post, like you
"no one", and I know Phil will strongly
agree with me.

I also wonder what happened to the art of message snipping.

<snip>

Most messages today end up with what was a useful thread, into an abusive
session between two contenders, all with the
origional thread messages, and abusive exchanges attached. If you are going to
abuse each other, make sure you snip a
few pages of useful message thread, so it isn't so painful to digest.

Cheers Don...

==================================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: get him kicked off

First you have to figure out who his ISP is. Since he's posting through
individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to reveal his IP address,
assuming they even record it. Alternatively, you might persuade them to
terminate his account, but I think that highly unlikely.

But even if you achieve one or both of those, there are other ISPs and
other Usenet services. It's impossible, for practical purposes, to keep
someone out of Usenet if they want to be in it.

Sylvia.

Re: get him kicked off

individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to
persuade them to terminate his account,

Hmmm...

I'll concede defeat if that is the case Sylvia. I am also on individual.net, and
I never even post private emails from
an Australian server. Who would be silly enough to risk running an Australian
business using Optarse or Tel$tra for
vital communications?

So "no one" better go throw sticks and stones at "some one", coz names will
never hurt him.
Perhaps that will help. :-)

Cheers Don...

=====================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: get him kicked off

'no one' has lost the plot if he/she thinks filthy Phil knows 'nuffin.
The shoe is definetly on the other foot in that regard.
Phil has pissed me off to the point of spamming him, but I realised
eventually that it's nothing personal, nobody is spared. He seems to have
a switch that when tripped causes a loss of self-control. Could be too much piss
from time to time. We're all human.

individual.net, you'd have to persuade them to reveal his
them to terminate his account, but I think that highly

His IP address probably changes all the time, if it is allocated dynamically,
as is the case with most private users. And you can always forge headers.

Usenet services. It's impossible, for practical

Too true, no ISP would check before taking the cash from a new customer.
There is even Google groups, for which you can set up as many accounts
as you want without revealing your ISP AFAIK.

If 'no one' is smart he/she'll filter out Phil and get on with his/her life.

Re: get him kicked off

It certainly appears that way, and it's definitely on a hair-trigger.
There are occasions when I genuinely cannot see what he's got upset about.

Sylvia.

Re: get him kicked off

Sigh, usenet, look it up.

Re: get him kicked off

Use your brain.

Usenet, can't be kicked off.

The claimed "aberrant" poster uses an ISP for access.

The ISP has a "conditions of use" policy which prohibits certain actions
including actions considered illegal under various state and federal
criminal codes.

If the user has *clearly* clearly breached the conditions of use the ISP
is supposed to take appropriate action. If they don't the ISP is in
breach of it's own conditions of use. The TIO is empowered to look into
and act on breaches of administrative procedure which this would clearly
be. ISP's don't like this because it at least looks bad for them and
consumes their time and money. In more extreme case the TIO has other
powers it can use.

Hence, the aberrant poster will (eventually) be kicked off that ISP.
Repeated often enough it will become an expensive and time consuming
inconvenience for the aberrant poster and hopefully a learning
experience. At the most extreme (and unlikely) end, if the poster wishes
to continue abuse they will be using internet café's and google accounts.

But as I pointed out at the very beginning to "no one" I doubt he has a
case against anyone.

Site Timeline