Futurlec - shipping time?

Interested in discovering the sort of shipping time anyone here may have experienced recently.

We ordered some small parts via the 'net and confirmed the requirement on Thursday 12 July. Alan said they would be despatched the next day, and a week or so later via email he stated they had indeed been sent on Friday 13th (maybe that explains things ...) Now, 26 days later, still nada.

Anyone ordered stuff from Futurlec recently and had a better result?

Reply to
who where

yes.

Reply to
swanny

Could've done with your result then. This job has been waiting for their arrival and the delay was getting quite annoying.

I was just at the point of ringing Alan again when the subject parts actually arrived, ex HKPO Airmail. They must use elephants for the Bangkok-HK sector.

Reply to
who where

ex HKPO Airmail on the last leg?

I know the Chinese govt is subsiding postage to a ridiculous degree, on all goods manufactured in China, but I wonder if other Asian countries have found a loop hole, and going via HKPO on the last big leg?

A HK re-shipper? Nothing would surprise me these days. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Web's best price on Olinuxino Linux PC:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olinuxino.html

The World's Cheapest Computer:
DuinoMite the PIC32 $23 Basic Computer-MicroController
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/the-maximite-computer.html
Add VGA Monitor/TV, and PS2 Keyboard, or use USB Terminal
Arduino Shield, Programmed in Basic, or C.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

goods manufactured in China, but I wonder if

big leg?

Futurlec have their registered US office on Broadway in NYC. According to my US colleague, they use NYC and a Calif. city as remailing/breakdown centres, sending bulked orders to these lcoations and then breaking them out for individual domestic post on the last mile.

The costs ex HK have been ridiculous for quite a while, evidenced by ebay items for 99c with free shipping to most countries.

This consignment had their return address covered by a blank label - showing only "Futurlec" as the sender - so it would appear that they are taking advantage of this system.

If I have occasion to ring Alan in future, I may ask him (if I remember).

Reply to
who where

Thanks,

I am also wondering how OZ companies can offer free postage when the seller is in Australia.

Example: tell me how this oz retailer can do these items post free within oz:

I just got:

for my wifes ipod and they came in a padded page with a postage paid label on it. In fact I mainly got them to see how they managed postage. Cost of items including postage is $6.99

I asked the PO, and they said a package that size can be posted for $1.20, as it will fit the thickness allowance, but not all items from that shop will be that thin. most items are normally $6.60 plus the cost of a padded bag.

I don't get this either. I just ordered these for $1.99 in oz

but I'll bet they will come as a 60cent letter.

how do you make money out of this?

anyway, I should order something cheap and thick, like a cig lighter to USB +5V output, and see how they post it.

Don...