Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi all, Im after a vacuum fluoro display  - a Futaba 202sd01 - in
particular.  It has 2 rows of 20 characters and has the high voltage source
on the display card.  Mine has self destructed.

The original is from a HP650 plotter so if anyone has one of these for sale
cheap Id be interested too!

many thanks
Paul

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Nah, all I have is a Samsung 2x20 VFD off a HP Design Jet
plotter. It's a 20T201DA2 and has a 5 pin interface.

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi Mark, it may be worth a try - could you please email a photo or 2.  Does
it work, and what is it worth to you?

thanks
Paul

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

I can't really say if it'll work as the plotter
it came off had a dead switchmode supply. You
can have it for $10 which should cover the cost
of the express post bag and some fuel to get to
the post office.

It's of double sided PCB construction, has an
inbuilt inverter to drive the display and is not
much bigger than the display unit itself.

Does yours have a 5 wire connector?.

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Mark, mine has a 5 pin connector on the left, is double sided and has a
(broken) inverter built in.  Its about 110mmx40mm give or take.  I would
like to go ahead, can you please give me your email (I tried emailing you
direct without success)?

For what its worth - do you still have the plotter?

Im in Perth - Where are you?
cheers
Paul

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi Paul, I tried your email but no reply yet.

Mark H

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi Mark, I have been wondering what had happened - I have a spam filter so
maybe it killed your message - Ill look into it.  In the meantime, can you
please contact me on

snipped-for-privacy@iprimus.com.au

without the "nospam-" of course, or on 0409 081 755 if youre in Australia.

I have also sent this message to your email but I receive a return message
saying there is no such address.

thanks
Paul

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

It does not appear to have the same interface as
this display though which has a 10 pin connector:

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/module_products/pdfs/M202SD01LA-LJ.pdf

mine has 5 pins on the right as you look at the
unit from the rear.

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

 you could also look to see if theres a Noritake model suitable for
your purpose. http://www.noritake-itron.com /

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/module_products/pdfs/M202SD01LA-LJ.pdf

Re: Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi Matt, thanks for the tip.  I had a look around - nothing suitable.  I
have been told this is a "custom" part for HP and neither HP nor Futaba are
willing/able to help me.

Oh well, cheers
Paul

http://www.futaba.com/products/display_modules/module_products/pdfs/M202SD01LA-LJ.pdf