Futaba Vacuum Fluoro display wanted

Hi all, Im after a vacuum fluoro display - a Futaba 202sd01 - in particular. It has 2 rows of 20 characters and has the high voltage source on the display card. Mine has self destructed.

The original is from a HP650 plotter so if anyone has one of these for sale cheap Id be interested too!

many thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula

Hi Mark, it may be worth a try - could you please email a photo or 2. Does it work, and what is it worth to you?

thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula

Nah, all I have is a Samsung 2x20 VFD off a HP Design Jet plotter. It's a 20T201DA2 and has a 5 pin interface.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

you could also look to see if theres a Noritake model suitable for your purpose.

Mark Harriss wrote:

matt

Mark, mine has a 5 pin connector on the left, is double sided and has a (broken) inverter built in. Its about 110mmx40mm give or take. I would like to go ahead, can you please give me your email (I tried emailing you direct without success)?

For what its worth - do you still have the plotter?

Im >> Hi Mark, it may be worth a try - could you please email a photo or 2.

Reply to
Paul and Paula

I can't really say if it'll work as the plotter it came off had a dead switchmode supply. You can have it for $10 which should cover the cost of the express post bag and some fuel to get to the post office.

It's of double sided PCB construction, has an inbuilt inverter to drive the display and is not much bigger than the display unit itself.

Does yours have a 5 wire connector?.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

It does not appear to have the same interface as this display though which has a 10 pin connector:

mine has 5 pins on the right as you look at the unit from the rear.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Hi Matt, thanks for the tip. I had a look around - nothing suitable. I have been told this is a "custom" part for HP and neither HP nor Futaba are willing/able to help me.

Oh well, cheers Paul

Paul and Paula

Hi Paul, I tried your email but no reply yet.

Mark H

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Hi Mark, I have been wondering what had happened - I have a spam filter so maybe it killed your message - Ill look into it. In the meantime, can you please contact me on

snipped-for-privacy@iprimus.com.au

without the "nospam-" of course, or on 0409 081 755 if youre in Australia.

I have also sent this message to your email but I receive a return message saying there is no such address.

thanks Paul

Reply to
Paul and Paula