Function Generator

Anyone recommend a low price function generator?

JERD

Re: Function Generator

Define "low price".
What specs?

The are 2-5MHz asian no-name jobs going for under $200 on Ebay.
Used is also an option for name brand stuff.

Dave.

Re: Function Generator

"JERD"

** This kit will do as a basic function generator -  for $27.50

http://www.altronics.com.au/index.asp?area=item&id=K2544

Just depends what  "functions"  you expert.

Shame you are too stoopid to post any.

.....  Phil

Re: Function Generator

Sorry guys,

Approx 0.1 Hz to 2 Mhz
Sine, square, pulse are the main requirements.

JERD

Re: Function Generator

Here is a cheapy ebay one:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Digital-Function-Signal-Generator-5-digit-0-2Hz-2MHz-c0_W0QQitemZ270446804316QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_B_I_Electrical_Test_Equipment?hash=item3ef7e2bd5c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

You usually won't get pulse generation in a standard function generator, you
need, well, a pulse generator for that.

Dave.

Re: Function Generator

"David L. Jones"

** The "pulse" function often just means there is a knob that varies the
duty cycle of  the square function over a wide range ( like 1%  to 99% )
with zero or variable voltage reference.

.....  Phil

Site Timeline