Free to air channels thru foxtel dish, can I grab the signal ?

The previous owner here had foxtel and the crappy television aerial
and cabling is ancient and only gives a poor signal.

I don't want to subscribe to foxtel but am wondering if I can still
use the dish (it's still installed but obviously no decoder box) to
receive the free to air channels?

Or are the free to air channels encoded onto a dedicated foxtel signal
only?

Cheers.

Re: Free to air channels thru foxtel dish, can I grab the signal ?

I would imagine it is encoded but im not 100%.  Either way I tested it at my
house oneday where I usually get OK reception with rabbit ears and it didn't
work at all.

Regards

AJ

Re: Free to air channels thru foxtel dish, can I grab the signal ?

The Free to Air channels come on the old antenna free
Or encoded along with all the other channels on the PAY foxtel cable/
Dish.
To see them at cable quality you need to pay for a set top box.

--
John G

Re: Free to air channels thru foxtel dish, can I grab the signal ?

Couple of problems with your query...

- A standard TV will not be able to decode a satellite signal.
- Foxtel only transmits FTA channels 2, 9 and SBS via sat. Foxtel
cable gets the full set.

Site Timeline