Free to air channels thru foxtel dish, can I grab the signal ?

The previous owner here had foxtel and the crappy television aerial and cabling is ancient and only gives a poor signal.

I don't want to subscribe to foxtel but am wondering if I can still use the dish (it's still installed but obviously no decoder box) to receive the free to air channels?

Or are the free to air channels encoded onto a dedicated foxtel signal only?

Cheers.

Reply to
StewartStirling

I would imagine it is encoded but im not 100%. Either way I tested it at my house oneday where I usually get OK reception with rabbit ears and it didn't work at all.

Regards

AJ

Reply to
AJ

The Free to Air channels come on the old antenna free Or encoded along with all the other channels on the PAY foxtel cable/ Dish. To see them at cable quality you need to pay for a set top box.

-- John G

Reply to
John G

Couple of problems with your query...

- A standard TV will not be able to decode a satellite signal.

- Foxtel only transmits FTA channels 2, 9 and SBS via sat. Foxtel cable gets the full set.

Reply to
rowan194