Free Mouser delivery

Heads up.
Mouser are now advertising free Fedex or UPS delivery for orders over
AU$250. Not bad.

Dave.

Re: Free Mouser delivery

that's an incredible offer when you consider what it has cost in the
past to get goods in from US companies.

I just had a wholesale company do a similar offer to me, for goods over
the value of $2K USD

Mind you, this will have a big effect on Australian middle men dealers,
not just electronics of course.

I can see the trend spreading as US retailers wake up that you don't
have to send 2 chips in a box 3 feet by 4" by 6" and charge $75USD, when
you can do a USPS Global Priority Mail Satchel for 9 bucks.

Global Economic Marketing!

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Free Mouser delivery

Pity that the $AUS pricing for the *free* delivery is twice that of the
$US pricing for the items I checked.

For example the PXF2123 RTC clock on the home page:

$AUD - $2.52  (Free Delivery)
$UD - $1.26

Very poor exchange rate.

David

Re: Free Mouser delivery

that's 50 cents!!!
current exchange rate is .7258
I plug the new one into my cart every day.

are you sure?
sounds like robbery to me, if this is the case.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Free Mouser delivery

I guess that is how they can afford to pay the import taxes and *free*
delivery. Easy to check, as the Mouser pages I looked at all had options
to change from $US to $AUD.

Still cheaper for me to pay in $US and use Fedex, especially for high
value orders. Mouser are pretty good for consolidating orders for us to
save freight.

David

Re: Free Mouser delivery

Hey, when did Mouser add an AUD option? Never noticed that button up the top
before!
I've always bought in USD.
Sure enough, the exchange rate is poor, I got US$4.49 / AU$8.98 for the
first chip I tried. Very poor rate indeed.
I wonder if you still get the free postage if you buy in USD?

BTW, Mouser have had a fixed US$30 Fedex fee to Australia for some time now,
same price as their Postal option!

Dave.

Re: Free Mouser delivery
finger to keyboard and composed:

You can now order Mouser parts from the Australian distributor:
http://www.x-on.com.au/news.asp

The PCF2123 RTC (Mouser p/n 771-PCF2123TS/1-T) is priced at AU$2.52 in
single quantities:
http://www.x-on.com.au/StkSrch/search_main.cgi?show_internal_table=&q=PCF2123TS/1,118

Free delivery on orders over AU$200.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Free Mouser delivery

I thought you were giving away a cat.
I guess not...

Re: Free Mouser delivery
On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 13:02:28 +1000, "David L. Jones"

You can now order Mouser parts from the Australian distributor:
http://www.x-on.com.au /

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Free Mouser delivery

Yes, I've seen that before, but when I checked some prices they were much
more expensive. Probably the same as this new AUD Mouser pricing.

Dave.