Free CRT monitors.

Last weekend I threw out a perfectly good Roland A3 size DXY-980 Plotter, as no one wanted it. Of course as soon as I bin it, I get two requests, one from Canada, and one from a local. I had posted this message several weeks ago, before I tossed it.

This weekend I have two older VGA CRT type monitors, one 17", one 14". Pick up one, you must pick up the other. Both go together.

Free for anyone who wants to pick them up from Tullamarine (Gladstone Park) 3043.

Must be useful for someone.

E-Mail Contact Page:

direct your email to Don at our support dept.

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Intelligent 2.83" AMOLED with touch screen for micros:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16699
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Which reminds me, I've also got a CRT monitor I need to get rid off. A Panasonic 21" Panasync Pro P110 R/G/B/H/V coax inputs as well as a DB15

Pickup from Baulkham Hills (Crestwood) in Sydney.

Email if you want it.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

Strewth, that's hard to beat. Can anyone raise Dave by a free 21" unit?

Hate to see this sort of stuff binned. I guess I'll try the local school, if I can't find a home for them.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Intelligent 2.83" AMOLED with touch screen for micros:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16699
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Oops, forgot to mention, it doesn't come with the base swivel stand thing, no idea what I did with that. So it's got this bulbous bottom on it that doesn't let it sit flat. Nothing a couple of phone books can't fix. Will try and find a DB15 cable to go with it too.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

I just leave stuff on the Nature Strip, guaranteed gone in under

30 minutes. The record is 10 Minutes for a Lawn Mower.
Reply to
son of a bitch

Yup, although a lot of areas are starting to look like Soweto !!

Rheilly P

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

If I ever dump the dual Sun/sony 21" I am currently using maybe , but until then....

Reply to
atec77

The last 20" I left out was there for two days , then was taken at 3 am by some old bloke with a cart pulled by a short rope .

Reply to
atec77

I know, and I would except that I live in a cul-de-sac with a fairly private entry. Never get anyone down there who doesn't live there.

But on council clean-up week stuff goes in 10 minutes when the scroungers systematically go around the streets. Can't do that any more though, they just changed the clean-up from regularly scheduled to "book a date". Insane idea.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

book a date, what is that pimp my trash sounds like another way the council is extorting money.

Reply to
son of a bitch

Instead of two regular scheduled cleanups a year when everyone puts their stuff out at once and half of it is gone by the time the truck arrives, everyone now has to phone up and book date and they'll come direct to your place. So now every street has at least some junk scattered all year round, and not nearly as much of it gets scavenged. Dumbest idea ever. Although we supposedly had a say in it when it was proposed, the voting options were rigged so there was basically no choice.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

You blokes need to create some Aussie freecycle groups: It's amazing the stuff people will take, or ask for. The process is simple. You need a Yahoo email address to join freecycle. Then you create a local group and spread the word. Local people join the group, and most groups are unmoderated, except for a few problem members. You log into your local Yahoo Freecycle group to post messages, and it is added to the group's database, and emailed to members who want listings emailed to them. The entire process is fairly automatic.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

There is which doesn't appear to have any particular e-mail address requirements for registration.

Michael A. Terrell wrote:

Reply to
Bill Metzenthen

The monitor is already on Freecycle, no responses so far.

BTW, the NW Sydney group is moderated, each message must be approved before posting.

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

All that site does is act as a directory to local groups. You have to subscribe to a local group, and log in to it to post.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I see about six request for a monitor a week on my local group. Someone offered 20, and two large Xerox machines the other day, and had several people want them all. I currently have over 100 spares for my computer recycling project, so I don't need more that the usual two to four a week that show up here, in North Central Florida. When I run out of storage space, I give away the extras on Freecycle.

Freecycle says not to do full moderation, but some moderators seem to do it, and get first shot at everything worth taking. :(

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

well, I sat them on the front nature strip yesterday, and they walked within 2 hours, as far as I could tell.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap

Xbee Wireless Modules, and low cost Interface Boards.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/xbee-boards.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie