Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay - Page 2

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

Yawn. Lots of those on eBay.

I regularly come across USB-A to USB-A leads, with a plug on both ends
and no "bridge-chip" electronics in the middle.

For example
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item14%0316281761

Inserted between two items without support for that style of connection,
these leads can possibly cause some damage to their ports, or at least
confuse a user expecting something magical to happen after the smoke.

--
Adrian C

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

This is a legit cable, however have a read of the warnings I supply on
my sales page, compared to say ebay sellers:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/usb-a-male-to-a-male-cable.html

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

Don McKenzie Inscribed thus:

Don, check your web page menu flyout.  It doesn't work right in Opera
V10.1 on Linux.

Other than that, quite informative.  I've a couple of those cables and
had no idea why anyone would need them.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

thanks Baron, first report I have had on that one.

yes thanks, I got them in because a manufacturer made a wrong decision,
but has since corrected it.

Over the years, I couldn't count the number of times I have seen a wrong
decision made on a connector.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

Don, interesting presentation, looks life "full disclosure"

I use Opera 9.64 on Win98 and had no trouble negotiating around your
website.  What is the specificURL that caused a problem?

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

thanks Robert, that is the way I have always done business. Why sell
something to someone, when they can't use it? You make sure the customer
understands what it is before they purchase, when the product specs may
come under what I would call, open to "mis-interpretation" easily.

I put my own interpretation on it, and put this up on the product page,
and users can then make a more informed choice on product usage.

wouldn't come up as a specific URL. I suspect what the Baron was
getting, was the flyout menus being corrupted in some way.

For instance, if you hover over PICmicro, to the right you should get
two new entries "Hardware" and "Software" flyout menus. No doubt you see
this, he doesn't.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

yes, they all work fine.

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

Don McKenzie Inscribed thus:

You're welcome, glad to help.  Works fine in FF & Konqueror.

To be honest I don't actually recall where I got mine from.  I
originally had three.  I cut one in half to do a repair on a cable
damaged card reader.  The original had been sliced on a sharp case
edge.  Surprisingly even the colour and placing of the wires matched.

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Re: Fraudulent AV cable on Ebay

LOL,
Yes mate those leads are used on a number of LCD 7 inch Monitors sold from
China, they are a USB TYPE socket to Analog video out
Its not USB, but merely using a USB plug.
Read what he says, he makes NO mention it turns USB into Video..
Its under the Group
     a.. Computers >
        b.. Components >
        c.. Cables >