Found: E book stash.

http://www.unhas.ac.id/tahir/ebook/

Re: Found: E book stash.

WOW!
That is some find Ian.
Like a freshly discovered golden Easter egg :-)

Posted 2008. I wonder if it is permanent.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Found: E book stash.

http://www.oldradios.co.nz/downloads /

Re: Found: E book stash.
On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:03:33 +0100, "Ian Field"

Thanks for that info.

BTW, can anyone gain access to the manuals?
http://www.oldradios.co.nz/data/manuals.htm

I just see an empty "NewFolder".

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Found: E book stash.
Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:

Yes ! That is all I see here.  I've tried it with both Linux and
Winblows...

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Re: Found: E book stash.
Works fine here
quite a few folders in fact

--

Re: Found: E book stash.
Have you found any manuals? Plenty of folders pointing to same "New

Tom

Re: Found: E book stash.

I've tried logging in with FTP client and

All the ones I tried are named new folder with no files.

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: Found: E book stash.
Index of ftp:// snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co. snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co.nz/New Folder/
  appears through most of them however it appears the manuals are
available elsewhere and access to the base files is blocked somehow
through permission alterations
  Kinda odd

--

Re: Found: E book stash.

It does however say in the middle of that page
(http://www.oldradios.co.nz/downloads /)
This facility is current OFFLINE
Wot does that mean I wonder?

--
John G

Re: Found: E book stash.
Broken I guess

--

Re: Found: E book stash.

:> After serious thinking atec77 wrote :
:>> On 28/04/2011 7:47 AM, Tom wrote:
:>>> On 28/04/2011 7:06 AM, atec77 wrote:
:>>>> On 28/04/2011 5:36 AM, Baron wrote:
:>>>>> Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:
:>>>>>
:>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:03:33 +0100, "Ian Field"
:>>>>>>
:>>>>>>> http://www.oldradios.co.nz/downloads /
:>>>>>>
:>>>>>> Thanks for that info.
:>>>>>>
:>>>>>> BTW, can anyone gain access to the manuals?
:>>>>>> http://www.oldradios.co.nz/data/manuals.htm
:>>>>>>
:>>>>>> I just see an empty "NewFolder".
:>>>>>>
:>>>>>> - Franc Zabkar
:>>>>>
:>>>>> Yes ! That is all I see here. I've tried it with both Linux and
:>>>>> Winblows...
:>>>>>
:>>>> Works fine here
:>>>> quite a few folders in fact
:>>>>
:>>> Have you found any manuals? Plenty of folders pointing to same "New
:>>> Folder". I've tried logging in with FTP client and still just a "New
:>>> Folder"
:>>>
:>>> Tom
:>> Index of ftp:// snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co. snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co.nz/New Folder/
:>> appears through most of them however it appears the manuals are
:>> available elsewhere and access to the base files is blocked somehow
:>> through permission alterations
:>> Kinda odd
:>
:> It does however say in the middle of that page
:> (http://www.oldradios.co.nz/downloads /)
:> This facility is current OFFLINE
:> Wot does that mean I wonder?
:>
:Broken I guess

If you come in through the front door http://www.oldradios.co.nz/ (with sound
effect of radio tuning across band) look down the left side and you will see
Manuals hyperlink. Click on this and you will get the manuals folders page. At
the top of the screen you will see a pop-up blocked message line. If you
temporarily allow the pop-up it will bring up a donations page. Maybe Greg
Cooney has  taken the manuals off-line because he doesn't get any monetary
support to maintain the website.

Re: Found: E book stash.

Something to do with recent internet piracy laws in NZ? Most of the
books I imagine are copyrighted.

Tom

Re: Found: E book stash.
On Wed, 27 Apr 2011 22:17:29 +1000, Franc Zabkar

Someone is havin' a laugh.

Re: Found: E book stash.

awesome collection!!!
thanks :)

i already spreaded the link to Croatian Electronics Community through local
news group....its very welcomed ;)

Re: Found: E book stash.

but what does it mean?

Re: Found: E book stash.

what part you didnt understand?!?!
part that such link is welcome or part i did repost that link to Croatian
electronics news group?!

Re: Found: E book stash.
He generally doesn't understand
  everything

--

Re: Found: E book stash.

yes, i realized that :)

Re: Found: E book stash.

I sometimes get a little annoyed by all this. The western and central
world looks to bookshops and libraries to study college disciplines. The
eastern and middle eastern world just look to unscrupulous piracy.

I occasionally service computers bought here (UK) by overseas folks that
actually *pay* their eastern brethren good local money to install the
latest hooky stuff. So apart from Microsoft product keys failing WGA, so
that the machine quickly becomes very unpatched, open for exploit and
then (satisfying for me) broken, *everything* installable is delivered
in multiple directories, hacked, cracked, trojaned, you name it. The
real price of that software normally outvalues the cost of the hardware
by the ratio 1000:1.

I had one Indian fellow who is taking up a science teaching post over
here, completely fail to understand exactly why most of his hard drive
stored training materials, ill-licensed computer programs, video
captures, and ebook texts would be wholly inappropriate to share with
pupils and use in the classroom within the school IT infrastructure.

Very wrong, all of this IMO :-(

--
Adrian C

Site Timeline