Found: E book stash.

WOW! That is some find Ian. Like a freshly discovered golden Easter egg :-)

Posted 2008. I wonder if it is permanent.

Cheers Don...

======================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

Ian Field

On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:03:33 +0100, "Ian Field" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Thanks for that info.

BTW, can anyone gain access to the manuals?

I just see an empty "NewFolder".

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus:

Yes ! That is all I see here. I've tried it with both Linux and Winblows...

--
Best Regards:
                          Baron.

Works fine here quite a few folders in fact

--
Reply to
atec77

Have you found any manuals? Plenty of folders pointing to same "New Folder". I've tried logging in with FTP client and still just a "New Folder"

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I've tried logging in with FTP client and

All the ones I tried are named new folder with no files.

Cheers Don...

===================

Index of ftp:// snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co. snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co.nz/New Folder/ appears through most of them however it appears the manuals are available elsewhere and access to the base files is blocked somehow through permission alterations Kinda odd

--
Reply to
atec77

awesome collection!!! thanks :)

i already spreaded the link to Croatian Electronics Community through local news group....its very welcomed ;)

Reply to
Gagi-9a6aag

It does however say in the middle of that page

This facility is current OFFLINE Wot does that mean I wonder?

--
John G
Reply to

Broken I guess

--
Reply to
atec77

Something to do with recent internet piracy laws in NZ? Most of the books I imagine are copyrighted.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

:On 28/04/2011 9:52 AM, John G wrote: :> After serious thinking atec77 wrote : :>> On 28/04/2011 7:47 AM, Tom wrote: :>>> On 28/04/2011 7:06 AM, atec77 wrote: :>>>> On 28/04/2011 5:36 AM, Baron wrote: :>>>>> Franc Zabkar Inscribed thus: :>>>>>

:>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:03:33 +0100, "Ian Field" :>>>>>> put finger to keyboard and composed: :>>>>>>

:>>>>>>>

:>>>>>>

:>>> Tom :>> Index of ftp:// snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co. snipped-for-privacy@valveaudio.co.nz/New Folder/ :>> appears through most of them however it appears the manuals are :>> available elsewhere and access to the base files is blocked somehow :>> through permission alterations :>> Kinda odd :>

:> It does however say in the middle of that page :>

:> This facility is current OFFLINE :> Wot does that mean I wonder? :>

:Broken I guess

If you come in through the front door

(with sound effect of radio tuning across band) look down the left side and you will see Manuals hyperlink. Click on this and you will get the manuals folders page. At the top of the screen you will see a pop-up blocked message line. If you temporarily allow the pop-up it will bring up a donations page. Maybe Greg Cooney has taken the manuals off-line because he doesn't get any monetary support to maintain the website.

Reply to
Ross Herbert

Someone is havin' a laugh.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

but what does it mean?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

"Barry OGrady" wrote

what part you didnt understand?!?! part that such link is welcome or part i did repost that link to Croatian electronics news group?!

Reply to
Gagi-9a6aag

He generally doesn't understand everything

--
Reply to
atec77

I sometimes get a little annoyed by all this. The western and central world looks to bookshops and libraries to study college disciplines. The eastern and middle eastern world just look to unscrupulous piracy.

I occasionally service computers bought here (UK) by overseas folks that actually *pay* their eastern brethren good local money to install the latest hooky stuff. So apart from Microsoft product keys failing WGA, so that the machine quickly becomes very unpatched, open for exploit and then (satisfying for me) broken, *everything* installable is delivered in multiple directories, hacked, cracked, trojaned, you name it. The real price of that software normally outvalues the cost of the hardware by the ratio 1000:1.

I had one Indian fellow who is taking up a science teaching post over here, completely fail to understand exactly why most of his hard drive stored training materials, ill-licensed computer programs, video captures, and ebook texts would be wholly inappropriate to share with pupils and use in the classroom within the school IT infrastructure.

Very wrong, all of this IMO :-(

--
Adrian C
Reply to

"Adrian C" wrote

well, Adrian,...generally speaking i totally agre with you...and i support such way of thinking like yours...but...tell me, how do you think i am able to buy a damn XP OS licence that was/is around 120Euros (or 100 UK pounds) when i have month salary of 350 euros...my flat and bills (minimum ones) takes around 150-200 euros a month, a food, underaverage ingridiets (meat slice maybe once a week) takes at last 150-200euros as well...so, to buy a simple shoes, pair of jeans or shirt is like a mission impossible if you idnt plan ti at least 2-3 months in advance to save some extra money for it...and then, besie that, to have a car is MUST HAVE as well...and i was driving a car i bought for 600euros...and 1 liter of fuel is 1.5 euros....and safety licence and insurance takes around 400euros a year....etc..etc...to manage just a basic life needs you must be a economy/financial master to succeed sucessfully manage all the costs and minimum needs.....and usually everything is solved with some long term loans hoping some better days will come ahead....

people here are buying FOOD with damn loan...can you imagine that?!!?...that even food is payed with loaned money...what means people cant earn enough just for minimum of daily life standards.....so, to have a PC is LUXURY....and to have internet (ADSL 2gbit DL and 256kbit Up) means you own a world....and to buy a licence for some software like Win XP...it would mean you lost your mind or your parents are relatives of Donald Trump, Rockefeller...or somone like that...

of course...things are not so depressive, bad and black....there are many who can afford themselves all of mentioned above plus vacation at Ibiza at summer time or ski vacation at winter time....but those are just minority...

there is no middle class anymore...people are low rich, mid rich or sick rich and all those can afford themselves everythign mentioned and a bit more ....while on other side completely poor and to buy a PC for 200 euros with old CRT screen seems like a dream to them...

look for example; i live only 120km or like 70 miles away form sea side...for last 7 years i cant affrod myself vacation at seaside for even 3 days to stay at coast.....WHY?!?!....simple...coz the prices for some average apartment is around 50-70 euros a day....so, just 3 days would cost me half of my month salary....i will need ther eat least 10 euros a day to eat something...plus aprox aprox 25-30euros for fuel there and back (without driving a lot around) and dont forget i need to spend aprox 150 euros for my monthly bills and falt no matter where i am....

so, after all this...and this is just a simple example and there are dozens of more examples....my only question is; would you let me use pirat OS and be able to participate in global communication and development of IT world and new generation of people.....or you will rather make us all informatically stupid and undeveloped just coz we cant afford ourselves licenced software....

you must remember one thing, and that is; the fact your country standard makes you easier able to buy some software doesnt mean you worth more then some Indian or Croatian who cant afford it but can use it and understand it maybe even better then you...(in sense of mentality over reaching the pirat things) i am not saying you are the one like that judging...but i have met some like that...

anyway...i have been hanging with Americans, Canadians, French even UK's for years and i asure you so the rest of people form this gorup how there is a lot higher number of people from those countries that are using pirat materials then the statistical reports are showing... for example...pirate movies are ordinary thing in USA....i can name 90% of my friends from states (and i know aprox 100-120 people from states) all using "torrents" to download movies hits...so, this West - East piracy estimation is just a story for CNN....reality is something completely different...i am prety sure in that...

or by other words...if prices of software are like 50% of average month salary of USA....trust me; 90% of USA citizens would NEVER buy a single Windwos licence....and MS Office not even in madness :))

hmm..average USA salaray a month around 2005. - 2006. was aprox 1800US$ (in range of 1400 up to 2200US$ class which takes a majority of USA citizens) so, now imagine that Win XP licence price was/is 900US$....pffft...entire USA would be piratized with Win OS...thats not a presumption, but fact...

Reply to
Gagi-9a6aag