For those with LinkedIn accounts.

SECURITY ALERT:  LinkedIn Password Leak

Important Alert Regarding Reports of Password Leakage with LinkedIn

Over the last few days, there have been reports that 6.5 million
LinkedIn hashed and encrypted passwords have reportedly been leaked.
LinkedIn is home to more than 100 million users, suggesting the alleged
breach is limited to less than 10% of the professional social network’s
user base; however, it will still affect a huge number of users.

LinkedIn mobile app subscribers may be surprised to learn that the
calendar entries on their iPhones or iPads— which may include details
about meeting locations, participants, dial-in information, passwords
and sensitive meeting notes — are transmitted back to LinkedIn’s servers
without their knowledge.

WHAT SHOULD USERS DO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE?

As a good security practice, regardless of whether you have been
affected or not:

·         Change Your LinkedIn password immediately –

o   Log into your LinkedIn account

o   Mouse over your name at the top right of any page in LinkedIn

o   Select Settings

o   You may be asked to log in, even though you are already logged in

o   Click on ‘Change’ new Password

o   Follow directions

·         If you use the same password for other sites, we strongly
suggest changing it on those sites as well

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Hashed and encrypted. Hopefully a good hash (sha256 etc).
Pretty much impossible to reconstruct the original password from the
hash. I'd say the threat is negligible.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Hash browns anyone?

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

So someone found the backdoor?

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
Rainbow Tables.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
Maybe if you have months

--

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Depends on whether you have a bot net working for you

Apparently the passwords are hashed with unsalted SHA1 - not so good

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SHA-1
Wonder if Yahoo email have same problem most of my spam comes through
Yahoo either directly or through a bot-net compromised IP?
--
Petzl
"The Monarchy is important, not because of the power it wields, but because of

Nope, Yahoo and other instant sign-up places are wide open; sign up and
spam away.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 10:17:19 +1000, terryc

All Yahoo has to do is limited TO:, CC and BCC to 6 people?
Make them useless to spammers

Good link on how to add salt to SHA-1
http://crackstation.net/hashing-security.htm
--
Petzl
Q: What has Tony Abbott promised Murdoch?

pay TV interests.

Can you prove this Pizzle, or just another of your childish conspiracy
theories?

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
On Sat, 09 Jun 2012 14:45:24 +1000, Polly the Parrott

pay TV interests.

Read any Fairfax Paper and judge.
The Economy is doing better than at any time during Howard Liberal.
Better than any county in USa or Europe and how is this reported?
Mines for instance are being touted really good which for our lowest
populated state that maybe, this though is destroying manufacturing
industries in Australia's large population Eastern states.
http://www.world-classminers.com.au/economy
Non-of this is ever mentioned in our Fairfax press
Murdochs only profitable media is Sky and his TV interests
Why the bias what's his deal?
Recently Tony Blair stated what is know about how Mudoch is capable of
changing governments and he uses his press to do it.
example <  http://tinyurl.com/d2z7m8g
Why is Abbott link to his cronies in HSU and FTA only read outside
Murdochs press,
http://www.independentaustralia.net/category/politics /
--
Petzl
Run Abbot,.run Abbott, Run! Run! Run!

Pointless. There's a reason the share price is 10% of what it once was.

Did that, yours is a bare faced lie.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

Irrelevant to your bare faced lies.

They are. Its why we didn't even get a recession from the GFC.

No maybe about it.

Hasn't destroyed the car industry, liar.

Because it's a lie.

Another bare faced pig ignorant lie.

Just another of your pig ignorant lies.

There is no deal. His shit rags have always been shit rags.

Blair never ever said anything of the sort, liar.

Just another bare faced lie.

Just because some fool claims something, doesn't make it gospel.

Just another bare faced lie.

Just because some fool claims something, doesn't make it gospel.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Those that count (Government agree) say we do?
Originally intended by PM John Howard early 2000. As private operators
were slow to take it up the Rudd Labor Government decided that it
would be done as part of his stimulus package. The economics show
Australia can afford it. I'm in a very much Liberal Electorate and a
big issue is that voters in our and surrounding electorates that won't
be hooked up next year are screaming. So it is political suicide to
stop it's progress. Malcolm Turnbull a senior Liberal has invested
heavily in the NBN going ahead.

Every house will have a different communication port that they have
now. Looks like a optic fibre connection to me and everyone that's
seen it.

Comparing Holland to Australia?
Australia (sq km) 7686850 (Pop 20,601,000)
Holland (sq km) 41526 (Pop 16,645,000)
Seems like our population is not as highly concentrated than yours
Again most Australians do not have even basic broadband, more and more
are disconnecting copperwire because its useless to them (Broadband
not available) Growing majority are just using mobile for
communication, my mobile costs about $6 every 3 months and fits in
pocket, I do have a "ASDL 2+" connection but are like many 3Km  (20
min walk) away from Post Office Exchange, speed drops off radically
the distance your *line* travels mines apparently takes 7Km.
Every one I ask for a speed test gives me this or even worse speed.
http://www.speedtest.net /
Result today
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2003522855.png
Which is NOT high speed broadband.
I'm in Campbelltown Sydney NSW.
Very brave politition that is going to cancel the NBN in our
electorate already many pissed for missing out on first rollout
Local Paper
http://tinyurl.com/8974lpg
Election results (safe Liberal seat since I've been here)
http://tinyurl.com/85x42n4
--
Petzl
Q: What has Tony Abbott promised Murdoch?
Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

  But they *do not* provide it, i.e. (basic affordable) broadband *where
it's currently not available*, and they *will not* provide it for a
long, long time to come.

  The *point* is that every house will NOT have "a different communication
port" *for a long, long time to come*.

  Nope, just pointing out your having things completely backwards.

  Ding, ding, we *have* a winner! The *problem* is, as you say, that
"most Australians do not have even basic broadband", and the NBN is NOT
solving *that* problem for a long long time to come.

[Non-representative personal anecdote of replacing ADSL by mobile
broadband deleted.]

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Things are changing FAST
I'll be on the NBN next year
NBN is connecting faster as time goes by there just won't be
copperwire any more

It's happening now with main backbones already in place?
I will have it next year
8 years it will be fully completed

Those that know say different
http://www.nbn.gov.au/the-vision /
--
Petzl
Q: What has Tony Abbott promised Murdoch?
Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.

Like hell they are.

Not a chance, you watch.

Another bare faced lie.

Another bare faced lie.

Fuck all if any will have been ripped out by the time
the voter pull the plug on Juliar's govt, you watch.

You can keep chanting that lie till you are blue in the face
if your like, it stays a bare faced lie, just like all your other lies.

Almost anyone who wants that can have it right now.

It happened long ago.

No you wont.

Fantasy. Abbot will be pulling the plug on it any day now.

And even if he didn't, it wouldn't get done in 8 years either.

Another lie.

That aint 'those that know', liar.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 13:38:48 +1000, "Rod Speed"

Don't worry about Pizzle - just a moronic ALP shrill, who can't think
for himself.

Re: For those with LinkedIn accounts.
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 19:30:42 +1000, Polly the Parrott

Never voted Labor in my life?
--
Petzl
Looks like Abbott turd, smells like Abbott turd, feels like Abbott turd, tastes

Not sure about that, Pizzle?

Site Timeline