Flooding Vodafone datacentre

8 minute Video:

Security video footage of a flood going through a commercial (Vodafone)
computer installation in Istanbul.

First 2 minutes is slowish.
 From 2 to 6 minutes is very active.
6 minutes on, goes back to timid.

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/09/14/video-data-center-floods-in-istanbul /

Arguably not as good as yesterdays Russian man on the pedestrian
crossing beating the bus, but well worth the look for anyone into
electronics, or computers.

It's the sort of nightmare I dreamed about, but fortunately never had to
actually go through.

1976 Melbourne cup was as close as I went. We were able to keep our
powder dry (PDP/11-40s) from the rising flood waters, while some punters
wore snorkels and flippers. :-)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Flooding Vodafone datacentre

http://www.datacenterknowledge.com/archives/2009/09/14/video-data-center-floods-in-istanbul /

Ah Van der Hum the swimmer. Was my pick b4 the deluge.

Re: Flooding Vodafone datacentre

as we said at the TAB "Ubetcha"
spot on SGI!

Main betting ring was under about 18" of water, and you could actually
break into a swim, many did, such as the dudes (AKA blokes Circa 1976)
in the snorkels and flippers. But it didn't stop the race of a nation.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie