Flatbed Printer mod

I have built a flatbed printer from an old Epson Stylus 640 but need to fool the printer into thinking there is paper in, when the drive stepper is disabled I have tried timing relays but can't get it right. Does any clever person know how I do this. Maybe some way of resetting the control chip

I have a good knowledge of electronics but can't find the relevant info.

This would be a great project if it were possible. DH

Reply to
news.virgin.net

fool

disabled

Since you're attempting to re-engineer this printer, why don't you try to get the service manual from Epson. If nothing else, it would show you were the sensors are / were located.

Reply to
Lord Garth

I guess the answers that were already given to you on sci.electronics.basics (including mine) didn't suit.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.wizard-of-oz.com

USB Flash Drive interface for existing products.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16654
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Reply to
news.virgin.net

Reply to
news.virgin.net

I have service manuals for several very date impact printers. They show everything including the timing adjustments. Perhaps the documents aren't as well written as it is expect that the printer will be tossed.

For want of a drive belt, I had to dispose of an otherwise functional HP printer. I thought it odd that a 20 year old dot matrix printer has a functional drive belt yet a

5 year old ink jet has a degraded belt and no spares available, new or used.

I did scrap the steppers out of it however.

Reply to
Lord Garth