Do you have a question? Post it now! No Registration Necessary
- Posted on
- Flatbed Printer mod
May 25, 2007, 5:25 pm
rate this thread
I have built a flatbed printer from an old Epson Stylus 640 but need to fool
printer into thinking there is paper in, when the drive stepper is disabled
I have tried timing relays but can't get it right. Does any clever person
know how I do this. Maybe some way of resetting the control chip
I have a good knowledge of electronics but can't find the relevant info.
This would be a great project if it were possible.
Re: Flatbed Printer mod
I have service manuals for several very date impact printers. They show
including the timing adjustments. Perhaps the documents aren't as well
written as it is
expect that the printer will be tossed.
For want of a drive belt, I had to dispose of an otherwise functional HP
thought it odd that a 20 year old dot matrix printer has a functional drive
belt yet a
5 year old ink jet has a degraded belt and no spares available, new or used.
I did scrap the steppers out of it however.
- » Wireless 30 IR LED Night Vision Camera Security Set
- — Previous thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » Lead vs Lithium batteries - Large scale energy storage
- — Newest thread in » Electronics Down Under
- » RFID - the Disney way, two frequency bands
- — The site's Newest Thread. Posted in » Electronics Design